Chapter I (Edited)

Soul's POV

"Welcome to Death Café." A young waitress came by my table. "What can I get you today?"

I looked up from the menu to see the waitress giving me a polite smile. She had brown hair tied up in a messy bun and I can barely see her make up. She looked like she was in high school.

"I'll get a coffee." I answered. "Black."

"Alright." She smiled, writing it down on her pad. "I'll bring that out to you."

I nodded my head and handed her the menu before she walked away. I picked up my phone from the table and looked at the message that was sent to me from BlackStar and Tsubaki.

Text: We barely got out of class. Be there in 15.

BlackStar and Tsubaki are taking classes at the college. This is the year that they will be graduating. I'm glad that after high school they decided to continue with their education. Especially BlackStar.

"Hey Soul."

I locked my phone and placed it back on the table, looking up to see Liz. She was smiling down at me, her blonde hair falling loosely around her face. Her hair has grown a lot.

Patty was standing next to her smiling as well. Her hair was just as long as Liz's but she had her hair tied up. She has matured from back in high school. She still likes giraffes but she doesn't act as crazy as before.

"Hey Liz, hey Patty." I smiled.

"Did you wait here long?" Liz asked, taking a seat in front of me. Patty next to her.

"No." I chuckled, shaking my head. "I just ordered a coffee not that long ago."

"How's work Soul?" Patty asked, smiling.

"It's ok." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Here's your coffee." The waitress came by, setting the cup down in front of me. "I forgot the other menus."

The waitress pulled out menus from under her arm and handed them over to Liz and Patty. She placed the other menus down in front of the empty seats which were for BlackStar, Tsubaki and maybe Kid.

"So what can I get for you two?" The waitress asked the sisters.

"I'll take a sweet tea." Liz said, looking through the menu.

"Coke please." Patty giggled, opening the menu.

The waitress nodded her head, writing it in her pad. She turned and walked away, leaving us alone. I looked down at my phone again, checking the message that just came in.

Text: Hey Soul, don't know if I can make it. My dad is really serious about me taking over for him.

Poor Kid. Ever since the whole thing went down he's been trying to distract himself. His dad noticed and decided to help but now his dad is more strict. In high school he wasn't as strict but I guess not everyone stays the same. Even after what happened to Maka.

"Sorry we're late."

The three of us looked up to see BlackStar grinning and Tsubaki smiling softly. BlackStar grew up, he's now about 4 inches taller. In high school he was a little small compared to Tsubaki but that changed.