The Scarf

The girl watched the boy from a distance, mesmerized with him. The way he would touch the bridge of his glasses from time to time made her blush and how he had a small frown on his face as he stared at the screen in front of him made her squirm in her seat.

Something about him captivated her. She wanted to know him more. She racked her brain, trying to think of a way to talk to him. Each one was shot down with the realization that she didn't have the courage to do any of it. Her shy personality had made it harder for her to talk to people in general, let alone this boy. 

The boy suddenly stood up, catching her attention. As he packed his things, the patterned scarf around his neck slipped off and fell onto the ground. Unaware of what had happened, the boy turned and began briskly walking away.

Staring at the fallen scarf, the girl quickly scampered over to it and picked it up, feeling the soft material in her hands.
This was her chance! She thought quietly, a small smile lighting up her face.

Taking a deep breath, she turned and ran off in the direction of the boy, pulling the brown cardigan closer to her small frame.

~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of light footsteps behind him brought the boy to a halt. He turned to see a girl with long dark hair and soft brown eyes standing him front of him.

"U-umm you dropped this when you were sitting over there," she said quietly, pointing to the direction of where he had sat before. She held up his scarf, which was folded nicely in her hands.

The boy couldn't help but notice how cute she looked, eyes darting to the ground as a small blush appeared on her cheeks. 

His face lit up in a grin as he took the scarf from her.

"Thanks! I would have never noticed. It's one of my favorite scarves," he said, wrapping it around his neck.

The girl nodded, looking up and meeting his gaze. She was surprised to see that his eyes were warm and kind, and a smile was on his face. Her heart thumped rapidly in her chest, making her blush even more.

A cold breeze suddenly blew through, making her shiver as she wrapped her arms around her body.

The boy noticing this, instinctively pulled her into an embrace. She flinched at the sudden contact, but soon relaxed. Pressing her ear to his broad chest, the girl could hear his heart beating wildly. Surprised she looked up. Could he have the same feelings for her? His cheeks were dusted a light pink and his eyes darted around behind his glasses.

He looked down at the girl and saw that she had seemed to grow quite comfortable with him. His heart skipped a beat as she lay her head on his chest. Looking around, he spotted a cafe nearby.

"H-hey do you wanna get some coffee or something? It's getting kinda cold out here,"

Her eyes widened at his suggestion and she nodded eagerly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

She gazed up at him and smiled. The boy stared at her again. She has a beautiful smile, he thought. I want to see it more often. Beaming back at her, the boy took her hand and together, the pair walked towards the cafe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's probably crappy and all cliche but hey, I tried. This is dedicated to a friend who told me to write this soo yeah. Hope you get your girl soon, dude.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I had writer's block and kinda lost motivation. No promises that I'm going to update constantly, so yeah. Sorry. Byee~