(Cover Back/Preview)

“Without you, I cannot breathe. I cannot imagine a day without you.

Alone, I am empty and hollow. With you, I am complete, fulfilled.

I will always be there for you. Never leave me.”

Kale promised he would be there. He swore his love undying. At a secret meeting in the glen, he slipped a ring round Aylia’s finger and vowed to marry her before the moon swung full once more. Two days later, he disappeared without a trace.

            It has been nearly three years since Kale vanished. Aylia’s heart shattered the day her dreams of being with Kale turned to smoke and hopeless wishes. The simple silver ring he gave her is left to tarnish in a wooden box beneath her bed, along with every other memory and token of Kale. In less than a month’s time, Aylia will be betrothed to Daviyn, an acquaintance. The marriage is nothing but a union of convenience.

            Abruptly, Kale returns, seeming to emerge from smoke, just as he left. He begs Aylia to let him explain himself. He pursues her with single-minded focus, swearing his love is true, and that he did not wish to harm her. Aylia avoids him at all costs, refusing to even speak his name. A week before her betrothal ceremony, Kale progresses to more desperate measures, and spirits her away to an isolated dwelling. All Aylia is told is that she is somewhere near the glen where they once secretly met.

~*~

            Follow a compelling love story full of emotion and conflict, set in a medieval fantasy world filled with wonder and magic. Will Kale win Aylia’s love again? Will his reasons be enough to ease the pain she suffered?