When You Reject Your Mate

Prologue:

Everyone has someone out in the world that is made for them, who brings out the best in them and makes them a better person. My parents raised me to wait for that one person, for my other half, and to stay pure until that one person. They taught me everything to do in a normal mate situation. But one thing they never prepared me for is when your mate rejects you.

 I woke up feeling refreshed, but extremely nervous, something deep inside me knew today was going to be different, my wolf was more aware of what was happening too. Not dwelling on it much longer, I started getting ready for school. Unlike any other mornings, I made an effort to look more pleasant and neat than any other day. I curled my lengthy, dirty blonde hair into mermaid curls, and made my make-up look natural, and highlight my features. I found my new bullhead skinny jeans on and a fitted green flannel and my black vans. I smiled at myself in the mirror happy with how I looked when i was finished. 

"Hurry up, Ronnie, we're gonna be late to school!" my brother, Dominic , wailed as he banged on the door. I took one last look in the mirror and smiled before picking up my bag and leaving my room.

I hurried down the stairs and kissed my mom and dad goodbye. "Oh whats got you in a good mood this morning?" my mom teased as she pecked my cheek back.

"Nothing, I just have a good feeling about today." I hollered over my shoulder breathlessly as i walked out the front door.

Dom was already waiting for me inside the jeep probably texting, his best friend, also the to-be alpha of the Celestial Pack, Vincent. Vince for short, he's a womanizer, suave, and extremely sociable but I have to respect him, he is the future leader.

As I opened the passenger door, Dom looks up from his phone and tells me we're giving Vince a ride since his car isn't starting up, so I have to sit in the back. I sigh but do as I'm told. 

The pack house isn't far from our house, just a block away from our house, so we got there in no time. Vince is already waiting at the end of the driveway as we pull up. Even though the pack house isn't far, that doesn't mean the school isn't. 

Timber High is an exclusive all lycan/werewolf school, no one there is human. Instead, the school has three packs attending the school. There is the New Moon Pack, Woodland Pack, and the Celestial pack, my pack. Having an all Were school makes it easier for when someone doesn't have full control of their wolf and shifts, that way we aren't exposing ourselves to anyone. Since Timber High has three packs in it, it's in the middle of our pack borders, making the drive to school thirty minutes.

The ride to school was fairly silent, at first until Vince decided to break the peaceful silence. 

"Did you see how Kate went skinny dipping at the party Saturday? She was all over me, dude." Vince bragged as he recalled the weekly Saturday night party. My wolf got a little restless and somber. "I totally scored, my god, her body from cheer leading is just--"

"Okay!" Dom chuckled, interrupting Vince and shook his head, "hello, my sister is in the car." reminding Vince of my unknown presence till then. Vince turned around to glance at me, but after he saw what I was wearing, he scrutinized my whole body until he finally made his way up to my face. I looked away from his eyes but it didn't stop the blush that creeped up on my face. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him smirk, "Good lookin', little Richie."

By the time last period got by I was already annoyed with everyone talking about the same topic, specifically, Vince's party tonight. Even though it's Thursday, a school night, everyone is hyped about going to the party, especially all the females, since Vince will officially be of age to become alpha, once his father, Alpha Darren, deems his fit to take the title, and he will finally be able to find his mate. 

I, for one, am not interested into going to some stupid party where drunk guys will only try to cop a feel and girls will make a complete fool of themselves being piss drunk. But, as much as I'd love to stay at home and sleep, I have friends who are dying to go and I, being the most responsible of our group of six, am the designated driver. So excuse me while I blubber like a baby and sob in complete despair.