Chapter 1

Charlie's P.O.V.

Bacon. That's definitely the smell of bacon. Ugh, I just hate the smell of meat. Probably because I'm vegan. Yup. I'm 17 and I don't eat meat. Yes, we do exist.

My stomach starts making that weird dying whale sound. I have been awake for an hour, but I haven't come downstairs. The truth is I'm scared to go downstairs. Today is the first day that my Dad's new wife, Johannah, lives with us. She just moved in yesterday with her son and four daughters. I guess I'm just scared to come down to a new family. It just doesn't feel right.

"Erm..Charlotte, we're going down for breakfast. You should come with." a soft high pitched, guy's voice comes from outside my door. Must be the son. Louis. I've only met him twice; first when Dad introduced me to Johannah when they were dating, and second was on the wedding. He's really nice, and he loves his family so much. I can tell, by how he treats them. Not to mention he's cute, and he sings superbly; he sang on the wedding. Guess I've developed a slight crush on him.. SLIGHT. But I can't let this feeling go any further because from now on, he's my brother. My lawful step brother. "umm sure. I'll be down in a minute." I answer.

Well then, I'd better come down then. Better face my new 'family'.

"hello lovely. How was your sleep Charlotte?" Johannah greets me soon as I show up in the kitchen. The first thing I land my eyes on is Louis holding his fork up and the twins laughing at him. Quite a lovely view actually..and damn he's cute.

"it was fine, thank you. And uh, please call me Charlie." I answer politely. "sure. Well how about breakfast? Would you like some eggs, Charlie?" she grabs a plate and offers it to me. She's really sweet, and caring. I can see why Dad loves her so much. I put my lips together "well as much as I'd love to, but I only eat vegetables." Louis turns to look at me, soon as he hears the word 'vegetables'. Gaaah eye contact. Damn those blue eyes. "Oh that's right. I forgot, Bob told me.. Well then how about a sandwich?" I turn my attention back to Johannah. "um it's okay. I'll just have my carrot shake." Louis' still looking at me. I walk over to the fridge and open it. Inside I notice each part has labels.

'Lottie's cranberry juice' 'Fizzy's chocolate marbles' 'Fizzy's Skittles' 'Lottie's Skittles' 'Twins' milk carton' 'Lou's carrots'... Lou's carrots?! Okayy then.

"um we like labeling our favorite food. So when these girls try to take someone's food we'll know what they took." I get startled by Louis' voice. "oh, okay then. But where would we put actual food for everyone? I shop every Saturday so I stack in a lot of food. MY special food." I answer grumpily. Why am I grumpy? Ugh. Where did I ever get the thought that acting grumpy in front of a guy is cute? Ok it's not. Charlotte stop acting like you're cute, you're not! My subconscious is finally talking to me now, and it's insulting me again. Okayy then.

"yeah that's why it's only in this section of the refrigdegrator..." Louis stutters and struggles to pronounce the word correctly. "fridgegerater..refgiredator..fridge! Damn it" the girls start laughing silently. Okay well he's pretty funny. A smile seals my lips. "hmmm okay." I turn around and move away from Louis who's grinning sooooo irresistibly, so I roll my eyes. "Are you going somewhere today?" Johannah asks. "I'll probably just stay in my room all day, I don't know. Why?" Yeah I'm not the kind of teenager who goes out at a beautiful Sunday like this. I don't have a social life and yes I'm proud of it. "eh well, Bob said if you needed anything you could ask me." oh cool, Dad found a babysitter. "well you can count on me not being needy. I'm just gonna be in my room, so I most probably won't be needing anything. But thank you anyways." wow I sound like an asshole. You know my mood can go from all-smiles retard to grumpy cat in like 10 seconds only. Johannah's expression is unexplainable though. I can't really tell if she's pleased or not with my attitude. Well then..

I head back to my room leaving everyone with the impression that I'm some irritable, non-meat eating, 17-year-old, no-social-life, grumpy stepdaughter slash sister. Why am I always socially awkward? Damn.

Hi Mom. How've you been doing lately? Me, I'm doing good. But this morning when I woke up it felt weirder than the day you and Dad seperated. That day I woke up and there was no one downstairs, there was no breakfast yet, and everything was in place exactly the way I left it at night. This morning, it was different. After I've been used to waking up alone, today I woke up with actual people in the kitchen, in the living room.. In the house. After years of not having to live with a family, today I went down to one. I know this is unfair that I'm telling you this, but Dad remarried. Her name's Johannah Tomlinson. They're actually really nice. I guess I'll be fine Mom. Don't worry.

Mom, I really miss you. Hope you're okay.

Love always,

Charlie x

__

A/N

Hi! I hope you like this chap! Please share this to your friends if you liked it. Would mean so much. Thanksss! and I'll be posting new chaps everyday. Okayy bye! xx

~ Rae .x