Chapter One

The young lord was in his study room when he suddenly called upon my name. I walked towards the room and I left a soft knock on his door.

"Come in Sebastian. It's open," he answered in a rather... 'different' tone.

The young lord stared at me with his sapphire blue eye as I walked towards his bed where he laid.

"You called my lord?" I inquired.

My young lord looked away for a second and then returned his gaze to my own.

"I have a few things for you to do before Lady Elizabeth's visit tonight," He explained with a sigh.

"Is something wrong young lord?" I questioned, slightly concerned.

He just looked away and huffed.

"Why do you even care? You're just a butler. Another pawn. Why would you even care about how I am feeling?" His remark shocked me into speechlessness.

"Y-Young Lord..." I quietly stuttered.

"Look, I have made a list of preparations for Elizabeth's visit. The list is in the kitchen. I expect you to have every last thing in that list prepared and ready within an hour prior to her arrival. Do I make myself clear?" He inquired.

I nodded and then left the room. There was sudden a feeling in my chest that was like nothing I have ever experienced. I shook my head, deciding to ignore it.

A few hours later, all of the young lord's orders of preparations were set.

"Hm... Good job Sebastian," The young lord startled me in just the slightest with his sudden remark.

I simply bowed and answered, "Well if I couldn't do the much simple task of setting up preparations, what kind of Butler would I be?"

My young lord looked at me and then turned to walk back towards his study room. Although, I could've sworn that I saw something, 'different' on his face. Could it have been a smile? No, that's preposterous. The young lord never smiles because of the fact that he forgot how.

"Shall we go down to welcome Lady Elizabeth?" The Young Lord inquired.

I simply nodded and we went down to the Manor's front corridor to welcome our guest, Lady Elizabeth Midford.

As soon as I opened the door, Lady Elizabeth lunged towards Ciel with her arms spread out wide for a tight embrace.

"CIEEEEEEELLLLLLLL!!! IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!" The sound of her high pitched voice was enough to deafen a fleet of a thousand men.

But nonetheless, we just had to 'Stiffen Up' as they say.

I shook my head, releasing the thought.

"Young Lord, shall I go get the servents?" I questioned with a bow.

The Young Lord just nodded and waved his hand, signaling for me to go.

A few minutes later, I was in the gardens looking for a certain strawberry blonde idiot named Finnian.

"Finny? Are you near?" I called out.

"I'm coming Mr. Sebastian!" Called out his loud and impulsive voice.

The young gardener ran towards me in the most clumsy manor. So clumsy that he tripped over a leaf and faceplanted upon the concrete floor.

"Owie!!!" Finny cried out as he got back up.

An ocean of tears followed his unearthly screams.

"Finny..." I simply said as I hit my face in embarrassment. A 'facepalm' is what I believe they call it.

While shaking my head in disapproval, I helped the poor and helpless young gardener up onto his feet again.

"Listen very closely to me Finny. Lady Elizabeth is currently visiting the Young Lord. Make sure you don't mess things up am I clear?" I asked with very little patience.

"Yes sir!" Finny saluted and then ran off.

I swear, I did not expect these servants to be such idiots when I recruited them.

An hour later, I had all the servents staying as far away from the Young Lord as they could.

I went inside to find Lady Elizabeth leaning in to kiss the Young Lord.

What I did next was something I never thought I'd do.

To Be Continued...