Loving You [2Min Oneshot]

The ball looped around MinHo’s waist, switching from one hand to the next with extreme fluidity. He slipped past the exhausted TaeMin with another deke and slammed the ball into the net. He let out loud whoop to celebrate his victory of getting yet another basket.

            TaeMin didn’t seem to be as ecstatic about this small accomplishment. He was losing miserably – probably by triple digits by now – and he was aching all over. TaeMin had basically fallen from his energetic, childish state to an exhausted teenager with a twisted ankle. He was doing a good job at hiding it by using the tired excuse and just standing there while MinHo showed off his skills.

            “Yah! TaeMin~ah! Come on! Why aren’t you playing anymore?” MinHo asked when he noticed his friend just standing there looking grumpy.

            “I’m tired, hyung!” TaeMin whined. He dropped down onto the driveway and retied his small ponytail. Even that small task took way too much energy.

            MinHo dribbled the ball over to him before squatting in front of him.

            “One more round, please?” he begged.

            The young boy shook his head. For a whole five minutes he stubbornly refused to get up from where he was uncomfortably settled on the pavement. Reason one: he was exhausted. Reason two: he could see the purple swelling peaking out over the top of his sock. He was sure that if he tried to stand now he would just end up tipping over.

            The older boy seemed to sense this. He gave TaeMin an odd look and asked, “Is something wrong?”

            He wanted to say yes, but TaeMin wouldn’t give MinHo the satisfaction of seeing him in this pathetic state. Had this been some sort of dance class or what not MinHo would be in his position. Unfortunately, they had played basketball and now here TaeMin was – injured and cranky.

            “Nothing’s wrong; I just don’t want to play anymore!” TaeMin exclaimed.

            MinHo was taken aback by TaeMin’s tone. He never knew that he had that side to him…

            “Okay… We don’t have to play basketball anymore… Let’s go inside and wash up…” he suggested.

            TaeMin didn’t budge. He watched MinHo’s backside as he stood and headed back towards the house. It wasn’t until he got to the door that he noticed TaeMin wasn’t following him.

            “I thought we were going in?” he asked.

            He let out a hearty huff when TaeMin shrugged and plucked at the tiny rocks littering the ground.

            All of a sudden, MinHo was in front of TaeMin. He pushed his head lightly to try and get his full attention.