HAG 15: Rooftop Conversations

Here I am, in the rooftop alone with a beautiful girl.

I'm speechless.

My palms are sweating and I'm getting waves of exhilaration from time to time,  even just hearing her breathe loudly. I'm not used to this surges of warmth in my chest, and I barely can take my attention away from this. Even when I'm not looking, my senses are all focused on her alone.

Together, we watched the sun set. It's been a while since I had seen a scenery like this. It's relaxing, and somehow, even if temporary, the burdens I carry all disappeared.

I took a sip of my coffee and smiled. I also smiled earlier, and it was because of her, too.

This feels so good.

This woman has made me smile twice today. That's honestly not how I usually am. I only smile when I'm around people I trust, the very few friends I have, bilang sa mga daliri ng kamay, and definitely not around someone I barely know. But somehow, dahil sa ilang ulit na naming pagpapalitan ng titig, pakiramdam ko ay nakapasok na siya sa buhay ko, at ako sa kanya. It felt like I already know so much about her, even though I know next to nothing.

It's weird and I don't make sense anymore. But it's a good kind of weird. Napakamot ako sa ulo at napabuntong-hininga.

Ahh, hindi ito normal.

I risked a glance at her, whose eyes were closed and whose face was kissed by the fading afternoon light. She was glowing.

It was a sight I'd definitely remember for a long time.

I was so elated earlier, when she asked if I wanted to have coffee with her. Buti na lang, binati ko siya. She looked like she wouldn't have talked to me had I waited for her to approach me again. Ang suplada kasi ng hitsura niya. Kaya kahit na hindi ako sigurado, o sanay, ako na ang nagsimula ng usapan.

Nakakapanibago.

Kahapon ko pa siya gustong kausapin, pero madaming nakapaligid sa amin. And I also didn't know what I can tell her to make her feel better. Ang alam ko lang, pinaiyak ko siya, and with what happened I stayed up all night thinking about it, about her. I wonder why.

It left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not the type to stay up thinking about other people, especially think about what they're feeling. I'm a lone wolf who wouldn't even think about Baron if it wasn't important, and he is very close to me at that. I have gotten used to the life of seclusion, that outside appearances, relationships with others, and opinion don't bother me anymore.

The orange light illuminated her face in a way that it felt like I was looking at a goddess. With that sight, I couldn't talk, I couldn't look away. All I did was stare.

"Marunong ka palang ngumiti," she suddenly spoke up. Nagmulat siya ng mata at tumingin sa'kin, medyo alangan ang mga mata niya, at nahuli niya akong nakatitig lang sa kanya.

Napakurap lang ako, pero hindi ako umiwas ng tingin.

The color of her face changed. Suddenly her cheeks were red.

Hala bakit?

"Ang pula mo. May lagnat ka?" tanong ko.

Parang nabigla na nahiya siya sa tanong, napaiwas siya ng tingin at hinawakan ang pisngi niya. "Hindi! W-wala. Wala lang 'to."

I sighed. Mabuti naman. Ayoko siyang magkasakit, eh.

Napalagok siya ng kape at tumitig sa araw. Is she suddenly awkward?