You're Not Alone

Alright, let's see, how should I start this? Hello, my name is Jennifer Nichole Briggs. I'm twenty five years old, a single mother, and a widow. My husband Trace was killed in the line of duty a few years ago. Every day that goes by I miss him. Our sons name is Jacob, he's the light of my life. He has his fathers laugh, his eyes, his smile, every time I look at him I see Trace. I love him more than anything else on this planet. We live in Bogalusa, Louisiana which isn't exactly an easy place to live. I work two jobs to support me and Jacob and still barely make enough to get by. If it wasn't for my best friend Hannah I don't know what I'd do. The crime rate in this city is one of the worst I've ever seen, I don't feel safe and I certainly don't feel safe for Jacob. Still, there isn't exactly much we can do at the moment. Things have been tough but they only got worse when I realized something. My son is very special. I'm not saying that as a biased mother I'm saying that as a fact, my son Jacob is not like other children in the slightest. Hannah said if I write it all out maybe it could help me, or maybe it could help someone else that might be going through the same thing. Any of you out there if you're reading this and your child is anything like mine I want you to know you are not alone. Think of this as a guide. Some things I experienced and handled that might be able to help you. Just some rules that helped me and could save you. To everyone else, please keep an open mind and remember not everything is as it seems.