Prologue

Paisley's POV

I sit out in the freezing Colorado snow, and I stare into the distance. My best and only friend is moving over a thousand miles away from me. He should be here in a few minutes to spend one last afternoon with me. Tears roll down my cheeks and practically freeze half way down. I use my long dark orange hair to brush the tears off my cheeks as I watch the gray clouds get darker. Where is he?

"Hey Paypay" Ross sighs as he sits down next to me and puts his arm around me. I cuddle closer to him- for warmth, as I can tell night is falling. I hold my breath, so I don't start crying again, but that fails.

"Come on, Pay, don't cry. You're gonna make me cry" he smiles weakly.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it" I sob shakily. I see tears forming in his eyes, threatening to spill over.

"I'll miss you, Paypay. Promise me you'll move to LA when you turn 18" he begs.

"I'll try, but what are we going to do for the next 6 years?" I ask.

"Well, you'll be able to watch me from my many tv shows, but I don't know how I'll see you" he sighs.

"Always remember that I'm there, watching you during your many milestones in your acting career" I smile. His tears have spilled over and his cheeks are rosy because of the cold.

"You sound like a creepy stalker" Ross giggles.

"I am a creepy stalker" I laugh. "I thought you would have learned that by now."

"Ross!" Ross's mom yells. "You have to come inside in 10 minutes!"

"Ok mom" he sighs loudly. He looks sadly into my eyes and I lose it. I curl up and bawl in his arms and he joins me after a few minutes. These are our last 10 minutes, and we spend it crying uncontrollably.

"Ross! It's time to come inside!" his mom yells. I look into his bloodshot eyes and I fight to hold back my tears.

"I guess this is goodbye" I sigh shakily.

"Not unless you want to come inside for some hot chocolate" he offers.

"Ok" I smile. He leads me to the house and we are blasted with warm air as we get inside.

"Here you go Ross" Ross's mom smiles, handing him a cup of hot chocolate and walking off.

"Umm, here" he says, handing me the cup. "I can get another one."

"Mom, can we have another cup of hot chocolate?" Ross asks.

"Sorry Ross, we're all out" his mom apologizes.

"Then I can't take this from you, here you go" I say, handing the hot chocolate back to Ross.

"No no, you have it" he insists.

"No Ross, I won't drink this, please take it" I urge. He finally takes his hot chocolate back from me and sips it.

"Come sit with us, Ross. Let's be a family" his mom directs, paying little attention to me, as always.

"Ya Ross, let's be a family" his annoying brother, Rocky repeats. Ross and I sit with the rest of his family, who tries to make me feel as unwelcome as possible, but I don't care since I'm probably not going to see Ross for a very long time. After a few minutes of their boring family talk, I start to feel uncomfortable.

"Paisley and I are going to go spend a few minutes alone" Ross announces.

"Ok, but she needs to go home in five minutes" mom yells behind us. Ross and I head down to the basement where there is a cozy fire in the fire place. We sit down in front of the fire and I cuddle close to him- for warmth. I pick up his hot chocolate and take a sip of it. I'm sure I have a hot chocolate mustache now. Ross looks at me and we both burst out laughing. I wipe the hot chocolate off my lip and I look into Ross's eyes. Wow, I've never noticed how they sparkle so much. Ross's eyes slowly close and mine do too. I lean in and I can sense Ross's lips closer than an inch away from mine.

"I think it's time to take Paisley home" Ross's mom says semi angrily.

"Oh" Ross blushes. "Ok, I'll walk her home."

"No, it's too dangerous. I'll walk with you." she instructs. We walk in silence over to my house and I'm silently crying. We get to my house and my mom opens the door.

"Ok, say your last goodbyes" Ross's mom instructs impatiently. Ross pulls me into his arms and we stand there, in each other's arms like time is frozen.

"Maybe we could come to see you off at the airport" my mom suggests.

"Yes" Ross says quickly.

"Well then we'll see you tomorrow" Ross's mom says unenthusiastically.

Ross's POV

So here we are, in the airport, saying our very last goodbyes. I hold Paisley in my arms like nothing could ever separate us, when in a few minutes we will be separated. We loosen our grips on each other and I stare into her beautiful grey-blue eyes. Kiss her, Ross. If you don't do it now you'll regret it for the rest of your life. But I can't, both of our families are watching us like creepers.

"Flight number 187 is now boarding" the intercom lady announces.

"Ross, that's us, time to go" dad yells. But I don't move and neither does Paisley. I feel everything around us disappear. I feel her slip something into my back pocket and I can't help but wonder what it is. But even that doesn't matter and more. I feel a tug on the hood of my jacket, but I know there is something I need to do before I leave. Before anyone can stop me, I press my lips against hers and I feel fireworks like at the end of one of those cliche movies. Long before I'm done with that kiss, Paisley's dad pulls her away from me and toward the airport doors.

"No, Ross! I love you!" she shrieks and her dad pulls her out the airport doors. Her dad pulls her out of view and I know the world is going to get a lot colder without her.

"Come on Ross" my older brother Riker instructs, paying little attention to the fact that my heart has been torn out. We get ourselves situated on the plane and I pull the thing Paisley gave me out of my pocket. It's a note. It says:

Ross,  

I know I could never say this to you out loud, but I know it had to be said, so here goes. I love you. 

Love,  

Paypay

Why didn't I say I love you back? 

-------------------------------------------- 

Hey! Do, what did you think if the prologue for my new fan fiction? I'm probably not going to update this as often as my other one, but who knows? So, tell me what you think! Bye!