Stella

One day I dream to be a writer. I want to tell the stories, real and fake. One day I want to have a husband. A handsome gentlemen who loves me for me. One day I want to have children. A sweet little girl and a smart little boy. One day I want to have a dog a playful and gentle dog. But one day, I was told none of these things will happen. 6 months is what the doctors told me. 6 months. 6 months to live before I die. Last week I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. The doctors still don't know why. I'm only 16 and I have cancer. These things aren't supposed to happen to people, so why me? Why me? I am to young to die! I have barely lived. Suddenly to me 6 months sounds short. The shortest possible thing ever. It could be less for all I know. So I decided I wasn't gonna give up on all my dreams. I'm writing. I'm writing my story for as long as I live, because I don't believe that people understand what this is like. To have cancer. So I'm letting the world know.
"You ready Stella?"
The doctor asked as I sat in my hospital bed.
"As ready as I'll ever be."
Today's the day I have surgery. I act brave so my mom doesn't freak out as much. My mom's had it so hard. I can't let her loose me, I have to fight. My mom and I lost my dad to cancer when I was 3 years old.
The doctors began to wheel me to the operation room.
"Stay brave mom. I'll see you in a couple hours." I smiled, holding back tears.
"I love you"
Tears streamed down my mom's face, but I couldn't cry. I had to stay strong for her, and for myself.