Chapter 1

A/N-- Hi , my name is Natalie and this is a tale of a girl named Hera going on an adventure. Surprises and more surprises will happen and you'll enjoy this my beautiful pups. Alright lets get started.

----- Chapter 1:   One Day  --------

I was surrounded by the darkness, and felt nothing but the slight chill of the wind that flew by. I opened by eyes to see myself dressed in all black, head to toe giving off the "biker chick" vibe. I looked down to see the soft dirt with the saplings of young flowers to be. I stood up and I immediately regretted my decision as I saw the lights flicker behind my eyes and the pounding of my skull. After the mini " I'm gonna faint " episode, I got a clearer view of the forest. Then the sudden noise of a branch snapping caught my attention. I turned to my left to find a beautiful black wolf staring into my eyes as if it's debating whether I'm the danger or the prey of its natural instinct.  Slowly I took a deep breath and backed away, and carefully examining the wolfs next move. The wolf shied out of the coverage of the tree, showing me its full body. To say my heart wasn't pounding would be an understatement. Taking another slow breath, the wolf calculated me as I was calculating it. Staring into the wolfs eye, I oddly found the comfort as a child would have comfort in their mother. The wolf slowly stalked its way to me as I stood still. The glowing of the eye color made me relaxed as if all my alarms in my head slowly subsided into a black abyss of no thoughts, actions, and nothing but the blank of my mind. The blue eyes reminded me of the dark ocean abyss.  The wolf and I still held each others gaze until another noise alarmed both the wolf and I. A distant howl that sounded like a warning. The wolf and I locked gazes once more before the wolf turning away and running back the darkness known as the woods. Before I could turn, I heard a growl, a growl you hear an animal make when its not happy and wanting to kill. I slowly turned to see a grey wolf with piercing yellow eyes but before I could take a step back it attacked. I saw the teeth reaching closer and then the blackness of the abyss fell over me as a veil would for the stage, completely shutting off the light .

I woke up drenched in sweat. I looked to my right to see the time, and to my surprise, it was 7 o'clock. " Dammit ", I groaned while stretching my aching back. Getting up in a sitting position, I noticed Georgia, a little girl at the age of 10 , I believe. " Georgia, what are you doing up so early in the morning. Is that a new book I see? " I asked while yawning. Even though Georgia is young, she's pretty smart. When I was a sophomore in high school, two years ago, she's been reading the same level of books as me. Quite impressive if you ask me and when I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, I wasn't surprised with her answer. She looked my dead in the eye, and said " I want to be an author, you know, make people with stories of adventure awaiting them, and make people feel like they can finally escape this world without doing it permanently like my mom. I want to make people feel like they aren't alone in this world. Make people happy with tales of depressed knights where the princess saves him, tales of worlds beyond imagination. " and when she finished her little speech, I was rendered speechless and surprised that a girl that young had such a wide vocabulary range that surpasses some of my idiotic classmates and she was about 7 or 8 and used words better than them. That's when I started helping her read my level of books, well back then, until she was able to do it herself. Georgia looked up with tired eyes and a faint smile that meant she stayed up. I sighed, " You need your sleep Georgia, like I said before. Reading can wait even if you don't want to stop the adventure, and to make matters worse is that we have cleaning duty on the second floor. You know Mrs. Trapinzo won't like us slacking off.

Mrs. Trapinzo was a plump Italian women, widowed and had a accent that is hard to miss. Let me explain. This place, it's an orphanage. Girls sleep on the third floor while the boys sleep on the forth. I was brought here after someone found me on their doorstep. They didn't keep me because they basically didn't want me. I don't remember them so I can't blame them. Georgia has been here since she was 4. Her mother overdosed with cocaine and left Georgia to her neighbors. Neighbors didn't want a kid so they called social services. Now back to cleaning duty. You might think that it's like that movie Annie where the caretaker is a bitch, but no. Mrs. Trapinzo is nice and for the people who want to work, she pays them. It's a little nice I guess, but I want something called freedom. I want to feel the wind on my face, the heat from the sun, and the cool breeze of freshly cut grass after a rainy day. I just want freedom, and I get that freedom in exactly one day.