1

setting:Placed in the suburbs of New York * year 2001 Cameron and Rosalina both are in first grade its recess time and both of the children are playing kickball on opposite teams*

*Rosalina's point of view*

recess is so boring. i have nothing to do all the other girls just sit around and do noting and all the boys play on the playground eww i dont wanna play with them. the only thing i can do is play kickball i think. it has boys and girls playing maybe i could go i just hope i dont end up on the boys team they are annoying and mean. 

i walked to the area where ll the kids were playing the game i didnt really get how to play but whatever its better than doing nothing. i walked up to the teacher that was watching over the game. I tapped her arm so she turns around and she looks down at me. " Hi miss can i play too?" i say " well of course you can play why dont you just stand right here and you can be on this team , do you know how to play sweetie?" the nice old lady asked me " no i dont know how to play " i say looking down at the play area floor. " i was so excited to play that i didnt even listen to what she was saying ill just watch and do whatever they do. 

my team was out at the little four square things that make a diamond shape and im standing at the second one of those squares the other team is kicking the ball and running round the big shape i dont really get whats going on honestly i wasnt paying much attention, i probably should. I look to my left and see a boy running towards my ase i dont want to get knocked over so i move a little over but next thing i know it im being knocked into and i all of a sudden fall down on my side with a random person on top of me. a boy. eww of course its a boy. 

i look at who/what is on me and i see a boy with a cut on his face. I push him off and sit up right wincing from falling on the floor and looking at my right elbow and knee seeing it scraped and bleeding. I look over at the boy who fell on me, hes looking at his knees which are also scraped and bleeding. Before i could do anything i see the old lady teacher run towards us.

" Are you kids okay?" the old lady asks me and the boy.  She looks at both of sitting on the floor with scrapes and cuts all over us. " Oh no well why dont you two walk together to the nurse and get cleaned up huh?" she says. " Yeah lets go." the boy says.

We both get up and start walking towards the doors that let us back into the school. " Whats your name." the boy says " Rosalina, whats your name?"  " my names Cameron"

* as the two walked to the nurses office together they get to know each other a first graders do. afer this encounter these two were bes tfriends throughout elementary school and middle school. they both grew up together and were amazing friends but one day the worst thing that could happen to best friends happened*

- fast forward 6 years Cameron and Rosalina are both in 8th grade -

*setting*: both friends are coming home from school walking over to Cameron's house it coming into view 

Rose: Hey cam why do you have a for sale sign in front of your house?

Cameron: Yeah rose i actually wanted to talk to you about that...

we began to approach his house and sat down on his porch swing it was always my favorite part of his house. we both sat down and jut kinda swung back and forth on the swing with a silence in between us.

Rose: so do you wanna tell me whats going or are we just going to sit here?

Cameron: im moving to california, m mom got a job out there... we leave in a month

Rose: you leave in a month? That's all we have left together?

Cameron: i wish i knew before but i literally just found out i haven't told anybody yet you're the only person who knows.

Rose: okay well we dont have much time left so lets spend it to the fullest with what we have left.

Cameron: yeah you're right.

* both kids are upset about the move but cant do much about it so for the next month they spent as much time together as possible but the month eventually came to an end and they had to say goodbye to each other which was hard on both of them. they both kept in touch the first few months of the move but eventually both faded from each other forgetting about each other but not completely so what happens when years later the two cross paths again?*