Prologue

Knock knock

"Come in."

Hearing the faint but strong command I slowly opened the door and walked in. As I walked in the large study, I was invited by the silhouette of a man sitting behind a desk who was busy writing on the papers laid out in front of him, the glow of the vast window behind gave out a glow of superiority. But as he looked up to probably see who the incomer was, he immediately halted on his work and put his whole attention on me - his daughter, who was standing in the middle of the room waiting for his permission.

"Ah prinses, please take seat." My father had a bright smile on his early thirties face as he acknowledged. His pastel orange hair, which I've inherited, shinned and glistened from the sun's rays.

Giving a gentle nod I made my way to the sofa which was positioned affront his working space. He stood up from his chair of dominion and walked to the soft velvet sofa across from me and sat on it.

"Would you like some tea, prinses?" He courtly asked as he motioned for the butler in the corner to go serve us our afternoon tea.

"Yes Papa I would love some." I answered my father with a soft smile as the butler planted a cup of tea before me.

"May I offer you some scones milady?" The butler offered displaying a plate of freshly baked bread.

"No thank you." I rejected politely before continuing. "Crème caramel would be more than enough."

The butler nodded and accorded me the flan, or caramel pudding, custard dessert. Many would confuse it for Crème brûlée, though its appearances are similar the layer of soft caramel on top differentiates and opposes the Crème brûlée's hard caramel top.

Taking the small spoon positioned beside it I took a gracious amount of serving and ate it, silently thanking for the food I was currently eating.

My father put his cup of tea down and wiped his lips with the table napkin before talking. "I'm delighted of your visit prinses, especially of the fact I've been working late hours recently and I'm not able to see you as much as I would have wished." He smiled cheerfully as I took a sip of my warm drink - peach tea. "This small and meaningful gathering is more than enough for me."

That's true it's that season of the year where the amount of products consumed is more than what it normally is, so Papa tends to spend more hours at work than at home. But I'm completely fine with it because I understand and know that no matter how busy he is he will always have time for me, which sometimes I selfishly use to my advantage just so I can spend time with him; a method I've utilized since I was young.

Even if at this time of the year, though our time together is shortened, eventually it'll come around to when it goes back to normal ­­- a time which I've always waited willingly and readily for.

He was a loving father and a hardworking businessman, I'm especially blessed to have a man as my father and I've never once forget to thank the Lord of it.

His smiles have always made me smile, when he was happy I would be too. But right now seeing him gleeful and blithe, I can't stop the guilt eating right at this second. Nervously I set my teacup down on the wooden table where our palate of mouthwatering delicacies was placed.

"I'm glad it pleased you Papa. But," I set my hands on my lap, suddenly becoming quite interesting as I continued to stare it, before continuing. "I'm afraid I'm not only here for a visit, I've come to ask a favor."

"Don't be so shy to Papa, its fine to be selfish at times prinses, if it means you come to visit me every day then ask for as many favors as you want." He grinned showing his pearly whites as he readied himself to sip his warm peach tea which he was holding in his hands.