●Twenty-Nine: Iron in the Fire●

I feel bad for pulling all your heartstrings guys but it's part of the plot. The story can't go anywhere without any turning points. Don't worry because I don't plan on getting Sei out of the picture or anything, but considering how it's all turning out

Shin has more significant standing in your life, pls understand 😭

☆☆☆☆

The elevator dinged as a certain pinkette sashayed her way to your office to stea--help herself to your secret stash of gummy bears like she does frequently at times before you arrive. Arriving extra early this time since she had some unfinished papers to work on, she opened the door quietly and stepped inside, facing about.

A scream of terror nearly escaped her lips the moment she saw a figure slumped on your couch with a blanket over them. She tiptoed silently towards it and tugged the fabric, revealing the miscreant.

Tired, half-lidded (e/c) eyes greeted her sight.

"...(Y/N)?!"

"Nghh. Morning, Satsuki. What's up?" You asked sleepily. Dropping her handbag down the floor, she placed her hands on your shoulders.

"Oh my God, you look awful! Like a dried seaweed!"

"Thanks, that's what I was going for." You retorted sarcastically, your voice sounding a bit groggier than usual.

"But seriously," She eyed your clothes, "Don't tell me you slept here last night...rather, did you even sleep at all?!"

"I don't know," You yawned with a blank face, hugging a pillow, "And frankly, I don't care. I never needed much rest anyways."

"(Y/N), did something happen?" She sat beside you with a worried expression.

"What makes you say that, pinkie?" You deadpanned jokingly as she rolled her eyes.

"Your eyes are all puffy. Were you crying last night?"

"Psh, hell no."

Momoi quirked a brow knowingly.

"Fine. Maybe a little. Can't a woman shed some tears once in a while?" You responded in defense.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Nope, is there some wine left in the fridge?" You got up and dropped the pillows back, stretching your arms.

"It's too early to get boozed!" She crossed her arms and looked at you in disapproval, "Please tell me you haven't been drinking last night too!"

"The last time I checked, you're my secretary." You claimed, "Not my mother."

"Well, I can act as both!"

"If it makes you feel better, I actually didn't drink a sip." You headed to the glass window, staring ahead wistfully.

"Satsuki, am I horrible person?"

Your sudden question left her taken aback as she regained her composure, shaking her head. Were you having one of your mood swings again? She also noticed the opened jar of gummies on the coffee table, confirming the fact that you had a craving for sweets whenever you were under something.

"I really am a horrible person! I was in an affair without even knowing! Good Lord! My first time was with a married man! I hate this! I hate everything! What did I ever do to deserve this?!" You pulled your hair as you kicked the chair near you.

Momoi gaped, "Wait, slow down. Married man? Affair? What are you on about?"

"T-That redheaded piece of shit! Mairu's his wife! Did you know that?!" You grabbed a tissue and blew your nose. "A-And he didn't tell me! What a slanderer! He's full of crap!"