Chapter 1-

I sat on the closed toiled bowl and took out my blades from my back pocket.  I slid the blade across my wrists and watched as the blood ooze out. Warm tears ran down my cheeks as the memories kept playing through my mind. I slid the blade across my wrist once again. My heart ached remembering the death of my dad.

I stood near my window. Looking at my dad. He was arguing with two other men. Their face were covered with a black mask. Mom is crying next to dad. What is happening? Why are they shouting at each other? I couldn't hear them... My window is closed shut.. Tyler was standing next to me watching our parents scream and shout. Tyler is three years older than me, he is 13 years old. I saw a tear run down Tyler's cheeks.. I hate seeing my family cry. I turned my attentiono back to what was happening outside again. Oh no.... One of the man pulled out a gun.. He's aiming at dad! "No! Please don't!" I heard mom scream. He pulled the trigger and i covoered my ears hearing the loud gun shot. Dad fell to the ground, bleeding... Tyler covered my eyes and told me that things was gonna be fine.....

"Ring!" The lunch bell went off. Indicating that lunch was over. I was snapped out of my thoughts and I quickly pulled out the gauze from my bag and pressed it onto my cuts to stop the bleeding. I kept the blades and the gauze. I rolled my sleeves down and wiped my wet cheeks with the back of the sleeve. I slowly pried open the door hoping that nobody was in the toilet. Opening the door bigger as there was no one, I hurried myself out of the girls toilet before anyone saw me.

Just keep your head down Leah. You don't wanna bump into Britney or any of the Plastics.. I kept repeating that in my mind as I made my way to Math Class through the crowded halls of Saint James High School. I was walking when I bumped into someone and well, lets just say that my butt and the floor met.

"Oww!" I groaned in pain.

"Shit! I'm so so sorry! Here let me help you." I looked up to see an unfamiliar face. He was holding out his hand for me to reach so he could pull me up. He pulled my wrist and I quietly winced in pain as he pressed the cuts.

"Are you okay? I'm Justin." He smiled.

"I'm Leah and  yeah I'm fine." I replied.

"Uh no... You're bleeding.... A lot." He pointed towards my blood stained grey sweatshirt. Great. Out of all days, you picked this day to wear you grey sweatshirt. Nice job Leah.

"Ring!! The second bell went off. Shit now I'm late.. The hallways slowly cleared up as students made their way to classes.

"I gotta go.." I turned around to run to Math Class because I cannot get detention today..

"Hey wait! Are you sure your okay?" Justin shouted.

"I'm perfect." I shouted not looking back.

I ran to Math class and pushed the door open.

"Well, Ms Johnson... I see that you are late." Mr Skyes looked at me and the rest of the class stared at me as if I had killed someone. I just arrived seven minutes late. Jesus.

"Yeah I'm sorry.. I was helping a teacher carry her books." I came up with a lie. Shut up.. I know it sucks. I turn around to go to my seat when Mr Skyes interrupted me again.

"Why is your sweatshirt stained with blood Ms Johnson?" Mr Skyes look at me. Fucking shit! Now what do I say?!

"I uhh-" I was stuttering.. Suddenly, the door opened and Justin's head popped in.

"Is this Mr Skyes's class?" Justin asked as he furrowed his eyebrows looking at a piece of paper which I'm guessing is his schedule.

"Yes... Are you the new student?" Mr Skyes attention was now to Justin and so was the rest of the class's.