A P.S.A. for Spilling-Over Trash

Dump, Da-Dump Dump.

Another story trails downs the landslide. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Dump, Da-Dump Dump.

This is pollution. By golly, this is pollution?

Dump, Da-Dump Dump.

Looks like treasure to me. One man's treasure was another man's trash.

This is the fate for almost every poor, helpless tale that ever existed. Did you see it? Did you see that story's pensive cover, as it tumbled and fluttered down the landslide? Every day, hundreds of stories go abandoned.

According to some unknown statistic by a completely illegitimate and unreliable source, only 14% of all stories written or devised ever survive far past the first chapter. 3% of the 100% of these stories are subject to pitiful deletion. 83% of the stories end up having to be dropped into an indefinite hiatus for the rest of their unpublished-ness;  13% of these unfortunate tales are known to wind up in this place called "the Story Dump"--the rest go unaccounted for by the public eye.

The Story Dump is cluttered with 13% of the world's tales--spilling, overflowing, drowning, suffocating. There are already too many helpless tales awaiting in the dump, wishing for an author to come by and write their next chapters. And, if this is just 13% of the world's tales--the world's masterpieces--how many more out there are being abandoned everyday? The world is polluting with 

We wish to end this epidemic issue. The National Organization for Unpublished Stories--or NOUS--allows asylum for these lost tales in The Story Dump, nurturing and utilizing them to raise awareness to our society. By showcasing these unpublished stories' well-thought ideas and grammatical correctness, the NOUS presents the world with the treasure of potential literature. If every author simply devoted fifteen minutes a day into writing the next chapter, the world could be spared of unpublished stories, hiatuses, and unnecessary notifications from desperate readers. 

Adopt your own abandoned story today and join the cause.

--Beeeeeeep--

The National Organization for Unpublished Stories is now holding an Open Story Awareness Reading for the public. This Reading will feature a collection of short stories that were abandoned in the Story Dump--thanks to benevolent authors and sponsors, these stories were able to find great outlets.