It Will Rain

Ιτ Will Rαιη ❤ prologue

I'm not happy, mother can tell but no one else here can. My frown was always there which was the reason, my mother kept on looking at me and forcing a smile to make me smile. She also gave me a look that said, "if you don't do what I say, there'll be consequences."

  I shook my head and looked down at my lap that was covered in a coffee brown napkin. I looked up at my father who talked to the visitors while taking quick, short sips of the red wine. He stopped talking and warmly smiled at me, more than one line formed at each side of his face. Those were the only smiles that actually made me smile and not those fake smiles. My father was the person I loved the most, he was always there for me and probably the most real person in my world.

My daddy's smile faded away as one of our visitors told him something. The visitor pointed to his son, Joey who sat right next to me. His eyes stayed glued to me, everytime I looked over, he gave me a smile. I knew he had a crush on me but unfortunately, I didn't.

"Bethany, sweetie.." my dad started.

"Yes daddy?" I ask.

"I..," he started, he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You're gonna marry Joey in a few years," my mom cheered.

"No, I'm not," I said. Joey stayed quiet while I stood up.

"Young lady, this is not the behavior you are to use," my mother said.

"Daddy, tell me this is a joke."

"We'll talk about this later," he said, sighing.

"No,I gotta go."

I stormed out, making my way to the kitchens back door, to the exit of hell. I grabbed my bike from the bush, where it was hiding and started pedaling. To be honest I wasn't sure where I was going but I didn't care. The cool October air blew my hair out of the way.

I reached a stopping point, it was a park, a park I've wanted to go since I was 5. My mother always said that it wasn't for our type of people and took me to the country club park. I bit my lip as I took my bike to the swing set. Slowly and carefully, I placed myself on the swing. It made a small creak sound with every swing I made.

"Hey!" A strong, male voice yelled. "You shouldn't be over here this late, I heard its gonna rain."

"Shoot," I said as I saw the figure come closer. I hurried to my bike and started riding. I passed by him, catching a small bit of his cologne.

"What's your name," he yelled.

"Bethany!"

"Great Im Serg."

Serg. What a weird name, I thought as I headed back home.