Prologue

"Lisa!" Dean yelled. His voice was scratchy and his body was burning, but he didn't care.

He couldn't let her die.

Other than her, Sam was all he had. He had fallen in love with Lisa and wanted to marry her.

But those may just be thoughts in the dust now.

"Lisa!"

"Baby, please, can you hear me!"

Silence.

Dean felt a tear run down his cheek as he kept running through the house.

Why this? He was a hunter, he kills monsters for a living, and this is how it all ends? He expected maybe a vampire or werewolf, but it had to be a house fire?

Suddenly he hears coughing and something moving. His eyes widen and he stands still for a moment.

"D.. dean?"

"Lisa!" He yells.

Finally, he finds her, stuck underneath some boards. He picks them up off of her and lifts her up in his arms. "I love you." He whispers in her ear. He starts running towards the front door, and once he makes it out, he sits down and just hugs Lisa to his body.

"Baby, I am so sorry."

Lisa coughs and pushes away from his body a little to look up into his eyes.

"I.."

Her eyes start to flutter closed and Dean shakes her a little, muttering, "no, no Lisa, stay". She coughs and her eyes open a little.

And suddenly, she smiles. The most beautiful, heartfelt, genuine, tiny smile Dean has ever seen through his eyes.

She reaches up and puts her hand on Dean's cheek. He let's his face lean into her hand, and a tear falls down his face.

"I love you, Dean."

Her smile fades, her eyes close, and her hand falls. Her breathing stops.

"Lisa.."

"Lisa, no please, stay.."

He starts letting everything out and just puts his head down on hers. He opens his eyes and leans down, kissing her gently on the lips.

"I need you." He cries.

Suddenly, he feels rage. All he can feel is anger, his fists forming, his face becoming red and hot, and most of all, betrayal.

"You bastard!" Dean calls to the sky.

"Why do you insist on always ruining everything that's important to me!"

Then he stops.

All the anger goes.

"What am I supposed to do?" He whispers.

He stands up and stares off into the distance.

Then, he says, quietly..

"Never again, Dean."

"Never again."