The Whisperers

CAN I STRESS THAT THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE NOT BASED ON REAL EVENTS AND IF THEY FEEL THAT WAY TRUST ME I DON'T WANT TO RUIN ANYONE'S MEMORY

AMANDA IS THE MAIN CHARACTER

TODD IS HER BOYFRIEND 

Q AND RITA ARE HER BEST FRIEND'S

JOHNNY HER YOUNGER BROTHER

“Amanda , hurry up I’m on school run.” Her mom calls her down the stairs, amanda rushes down taking her lunch from the kitchen. “Mom, Todd is giving me a ride to school.” Her mom tapped her foot, she looked at her and smiled. “Okay make sure your home by 6, we have a family occasion to go to.” Amanda almost opened the door, she twisted the handle and stopped. “What occasion?” Amanda looked puzzled. “You know the grandad anniversary, he died  16 years ago today.” Amanda nodded, kissing her mom on the forhead she turned the door handle and opened it to find Todd waiting. “Bye. I love you.” Her mom waved. “Love you too.” Amanda shut the door. Her mom stood there looking at the door, she knew something wasn’t right maybe she was just getting doubtful feelings. “Never mind. Johnny come on school run.” Johnny ran downstairs also taking his lunch from the kitchen. “Mom , Jessica is giving me a ride to school.” She nodded her head, giving him a kiss good bye and shut the door. The house was quiet , nobody was home, she thought she might just do a quick tidy up before her meeting at 2.30.

Meanwhile, Amanda was sitting in Todd’s car listening to music, her favourite singer Christina Aguilera. Todd was driving , he looked at her and smiled. “ What are you up to later on?” Amanda was nodding her head in time with the music. “Amanda hey!” she jumped. “Yes.” “What are you up to later?” Todd asked again, he looked impatient. “Well, I am going to a family thing at 6, may be there for a couple hours.” Todd nodded his head, continuing to drive he turned his head towards the road. He drove around to the back of the school and stopped. “ Wanna do a quickie before school?” Amanda looked at him , she was shocked. “No, I have to be somewhere I am helping Johnny with his studies.” She touched the door handle and tried to open it; before she could he locked the door. “Todd, come on I need to leave now!” She was getting scared. “Two minutes of your time that’s all.” She tried to open the door, he grabbed her arm , she began to scream. Todd unbuckled his belt and pulled his trousers down. “TODD, NO!” It was too late, he slapped her around the face and called her a bitch. Amanda was rapped by her own boyfriend.

She walked into school with him, he held her hand and she began to hesitate. “Tell anyone and I will ruin your life forever.” She looked at him with a silent emotion. She walked up to her friends Rita and Q and she began to cry. “Hey, bonita why are you crying?” She grabbed Amanda and rocked her. “He rapped me. He rapped me. What am I going to do?!” Rita and Q looked at her. Rita sat down and Amanda followed. “When did this happen?” Rita asked seriously. “Just now.” Tears were falling. She couldn’t help it. Then she heard Todd’s footsteps and laughing. She wiped away her tears. “Hey, why you crying?” He said suspiciously. “Just talking about the grandad thing with Rita.” Lucky for Amanda he fell for it but it won’t be long before he finds out that she has told Rita and Q.

The day had ended, people leaving to go home from school. Todd gave her a ride home, she pecked him on the cheek and got into the car. “Did you tell anyone?” He said angrily. “No. I kept it to myself.” Todd knew she was lying , he stopped the car and grabbed her by the throat. “You told Rita didn’t you?!” He lifted his hand and began to punch her in the face, repeatedly. When he stopped , she was crying, he began to drive again and he dropped her home. Driving away , Amanda watched him leave. Walking slowly up the drive, neighbours began to stare at her. She knocked the door and he mom  opened it only to find her daughter in a terrible state. “Amanda what has happened to you?” She said in disgust. Amanda looked at her and she smiled. “Todd raped me and beat me all in one day funny how I never listened to you?” She began to giggle but then it lead to tears. She pushed her mom out of the way and ran upstairs. She opened her laptop and logged on to facebook. No. No. He didn’t do it she rubbed her eyes and she gasped for air, he did what she feared more than anything in the world…..