What Tall Tales Is All About

Who is Tall Tales Book Club for? 

Tall Tales Book Club is for short story writers who want to get their stories out there, get friendly and helpful constructive criticism, and to learn by reading other short stories by fellow writers. 

What exactly is considered a short story? 

A short story is a work of fiction and is similar to a novel, but just shorter (under 20K words). It can be as short as a few pages or much longer, and divided into a few chapters. Short stories can be any genre and are usually less complex than novels, with a single story line and less characters.

Group Options? 

There are two group options. The smaller group, Tiny Tales, will be in a group of six. The larger group, Tall Tales, will be in a group of eleven. 

The Difference? 

Each week group members will read each other's stories. Meaning those in Tiny Tales will need to read and comment on five stories a week. Those in Tall Tales will need to read and comment on ten different books a week.  This does not include the BOTW which everyone will be required to read.

I know it sounds like a lot but do remember these are short stories and the more stories you read the more reads you shall receive.

What kind of comments should you expect?

Friendly constructive comments. Each comment should include what you like about the writer's story and anything that might need a little work. Generic comments such as 'Great Story', 'I liked it', & 'Nice job' will not be accepted. We want to help each other improve and grow as writers, so please remember that when you comment. 

NO RUDE OR HARSHLY NEGATIVE COMMENTS PLEASE.

How will it work? 

Each week I will post a new chapter with group assignments. Make sure to read each story and leave at least one helpful comment on each before the end of the week. Weeks will begin on Saturday morning and end the following Friday

Do I need to vote on the stories I read? 

In short no. I do suggest that if you enjoy what you voting will not only let the author know but also give them a boost in confidence, and we all know how much that can help encourage us as writers to keep going. 

Will there be a book of the week?

Yes, each week a BOTW will be chosen, and will be required to be read on top of the normal group assignment. 

How can my book become book of the week?

Each week a book of the week will be chosen at random from the list of eligible books. In order for your book to be considered eligible you will need to complete your weekly assignment on time. 

How will you know I complete my assignment? 

Once your assignment is complete you will be required to comment on that weeks chapter stating you have completed it. If you notice a member in your assigned group did not leave a comment please PM me.

Who can join? 

Anyone with a short story or those who just wanted to read short stories and leave helpful comments on them. 

How do I join?

That's simple, just fill out the form in the next chapter, follow this profile, and add this book to your public library.