Traumatised

This may be too intense for some to read; there are some graphic parts and sexual content. (I apologise if its bad, as well.) Enjoy :)

May 13th, 6:37 pm

The sun was about to set, which meant good for most other people. But not me. I'm a very shy person; I usually isolate myself from my family everyday after school for comfort. Every time I've tried to make new friends at my school, everyone basically laughs at me for being different. I'm not exactly sure why, though. I think I'm the normal one around here. The only thing that splits me away from everyone else is my scars. They penetrate deep into my arms; they're a part of me that nobody can see or touch. Nobody except me knows why the scars are here; I don't think I'll have someone I can trust to keep my secret if I told them. I know if I told somebody about them they wouldn't be there for me. That's why I keep to myself. I can't trust anyone. It's Mother's Day, maybe if I told mom about the beautifully tragic scars she'd help me. Probably not.

Again, who is there to trust.

Something strange happened last night while I was asleep. It was around 1 in the morning when I heard the gunshots. Loud, ear piercing gunshots. And, screaming. Oh god, the screams. I didn't know what was going on until I woke up fully to flashing police lights. That was around 6 this morning; I was getting up to get dressed for school when I noticed the ambulance out of my ground-level window. There was a body of a man; possibly around the ages of forty five to early fifties. I didn't recognise him right away, but now I remember.

He's the rapist from the downstairs flat below ours. He got let out of jail a few years back, but now he's gone for good, hopefully.

The gun shots came from him shooting the young girl, who I see right now being taken to the hospital. She was screaming from him raping her, I presume.

Tears form in my eyes, blurring my vision. The girl who was raped and murdered went to school with me in kindergarten. She was my very first best friend. Her name was Molly.

***********************************