Ravishing

"Baschi?"

The blond man in question looked up from where he was washing the dishes from lunch, reaching up and stroking a few loose strands of messy hair from his face with one wet hand.

"Ja, what's the matter?" He asked his sister, quirking a brow as she shifted shyly under his intense emerald gaze.

"Miss Elizabeta gave me some makeup to try out-" she began, and Basch instantly stiffened at the word "makeup", setting aside the plate he was drying.

There was a good reason he refused to buy Lili makeup - he wanted her to learn to love herself first, to realize that she didn't need to conceal a single thing before she tried wearing it. (He also didn't want her to grow up too much, but he kept that a secret.)

The young girl noticed his sharp gaze, giving him a pleading look. "Bruder, please, I know you don't approve of it, but I really want to try it! Miss Elizabeta, Miss Katyusha, and Miss Natalia look so pretty when they wear it, and they're all really strong and confident. Let me give it a try, just this once. Bitte?" She asked, gazing up to him and giving him her best puppy-dog eyes.

Basch could never say no to her, especially not when she pulled those big, dewy eyes that made him melt.

"Fine," he muttered, looking away. "Just know you're pretty without it. Only wear it for you, don't you dare change for anyone else!"

She nodded dutifully, turquoise eyes shining as she threw her arms around him, giggling as he blushed and awkwardly patted her back.

"Dangge!"

"I agreed to let you wear makeup, I never said anything about me!" Basch yelped as his younger sister sat him down in a chair in front of her mirror, practically glowing with excitement.

"You agreed to be my model," she chirped, picking out a brush and fluffing it on the back of her hand before letting her face fall a little. "But if you don't want to, I guess I could ask Gil-"

"I'll do it, i'll do it!" He responded quickly. "Just don't talk to that damn albino and have it off by 17:45 - Roderich's taking me out and I need to be ready," he muttered, though he still seemed conflicted.

"Natuerlich, Bruder!" She responded eagerly, and he closed his eyes, putting his faith (and his face,) in her hands.

Roderich was not expecting the scene that befell him as he walked into the Zwingli household. Nobody had answered the door when he had knocked, and it was unlocked, which was quite unusual. Basch was usually such a stickler about security.

"Hallo?" He called out, pausing to listen for any sort of response.

"No, I think the nude lipstick would go better with a smokey eye..."

Roderich's brows furrowed. Was that Basch? What in God's name was he talking about? The brunette followed the sound keenly, careful not to get lost or bump into anything in the winding hall.

He followed the sound of familiar voices to Lili's room, stopping still in the door and bringing a hand up to cover the way his mouth dropped open.

There was Basch, his hair curled and tumbling about his shoulders, with a perfect, shimmery smokey eye and crisp winged eyeliner. Soft blush had been stroked onto his high cheekbones, and his lips were parted as his younger sister carefully applied a matte, nude lipstick to them.

Basch's tip-off was the way her eyes widened, changing her expression to a look of surprise and alarm from one of concentration.

"What's the matt- shitfuck Roderich! How long have you-?! When did you-?!"

Lili covered her mouth. "My goodness, I lost track of time, es tut mir so leid Bruder!" She gasped. "I-I'll leave you two to it, ja?"

She rushed out, and Roderich and Basch were left staring at each other.

"Well," Roderich murmured, getting over his shock once Lili had left and looking Basch up and down with a glint in his violet eyes.

"Quit looking at me like that," Basch muttered, looking away sharply to hide the way his cheeks darkened with flush. "It's weird."

"Weird?" Roderich inquired, voice a low purr as he took graceful steps towards Basch. "How is finding your boyfriend absolutely ravishing weird?"

Basch stood, huffing and trying for a scowl. "Oh shut up," he muttered, squirming briefly when Roderich placed his hands on his shoulders and gazed into his eyes. "You sound like an old man."

Roderich only chuckled, pulling him close and trailing his hands lower, the blond in his arms squirming in response. "Liebling, I think i'll have to cancel our reservations," he whispered into the curve of his ear, "I have to take you to my bedroom and show you just how ravishing I find you."