prologue

Harry's POV
wow. it's the first day of middle school. I can't believe it. just yesterday I was learning to tie my shoe, right? I'm not really scared, despite the fact that I won't know anyone. I moved to London over the summer from Cheschire because of my mom's job.
"okay, let's do this.." I say to myself as I open the doors for the first time in this middle school. I didn't even go to orientation because I was still in the process of moving. I was told to go to a desk to get schedule, then to head to my homeroom.
I walked in 2 minutes late because I got lost, so there was only one open seat left. all eyes were on me as I made my way to the desk that happened to be smack dab in the middle of the room. on my left was a boy who seemed to be really popular, I'm suprised there was an empty seat next to him. all the girls were staring at him as if he were the most attractive boy in the world. on my right, well oh LORD on my right, was the prettiest girl I've ever seen. her hazel eyes were gorgeous and her red curly hair sat perfectly on her shoulders.  freckles were spread all over her cheeks and nose. she was wearing a casual pink dress and some black flats. all in all, she was so pretty. I think she noticed my staring because she smiled and waved at me.
"hi, my name is jessie. I'm new here."
"h-h-hello. my name is harry. I'm also new here."
"oh! I'm glad I'm not the only one."
"yeah, me too."
the teacher walked in, writing her name on the board. mrs. carter.
"alright. I know you guys expected to have open seating, but I have assigned seats for you all."
the whole class groaned, including me. I didn't want to sit near anyone except for jessie.
"okay, so you all will be in alpabetical order. first we have haiden arty, next rebekah beam,..."
I zoned out, knowing I'd be one of the last people named.
"harry styles, jessie teak"
my mouth formed into a smile.
"aye, I get to sit next you again!", jessie said excitedly.
I'm so glad she was happy to sit next to me.
-
the rest of the day went by so good. me and jessie got to sit next to each other in every class because our last names were close to each other. I could tell this would be a fun year.