Part 1

Thegreat glass building stood surrounded by soft,green fields.

Hintsof honey hung in the air,exploring her nostrils.

Lilah'snew school stood a grand 10 floors tall, each floor filed withenergetic students.

Walkingup to her tutor room, Lilah took out her purse mirror: small delicatenose, lightly freckled face with ivory skin. Her blond sleek curls,framed her plush face. It was no secret that she was pretty. Pretty.Not beautiful like her fellow peers. Lilah's short size, alabastertone made her look like chopped liver compared to the tall, anorexicgirls that walked the busy halls of St Devon High School, Canada,USA.

Nothingto worry about She thought.I'm sure that these people are kind, understandable and not- at-alldespicable.

"Excuseme, what are you doing loitering outside? Aren't you meant to be intutor?" Lilah jumped, it was only a teacher.

"Oh,um, yes. I was just checking to make sure I was in the right place.I'm new here. First day."

"Ah,yes. Miss Snow, am I correct? My name is Mrs Dale, Assistant Head."Nodding, she replied.

"I,uh prefer Miss Winter instead; Snow was my Mum's name." Mrs Dale'swrinkled eyes scrunched up with pity behind her glasses.

Notagain! Can't I go someplace without someone feeling the needto comfort me?

"Ofcourse. Well hurry along, you don't want to miss tutor! I'm sure thatyou will fit in perfectly. If you have any problems just come to me,alright?"

Lilahsmiled and dashed through the door, away from the prying eyes of theAssistant Head.

Theclass was lively when Lilah stepped in, then suddenly, all eyes wereon her. Posters of all kinds hung on the walls: History, Math,Biology, etc. Pale yellow walls were blotched with stains here andthere, where as the wooden desks- many students sat watching- werepolished clean. Lilah could already spot the groups, Nerds, Popular,Jocks, Goths, The Hot Ones, so on. None of these groups wouldnecessarily suit her,she knew. But once she introduced herself, Lilahwas immediately invited to the cool kid table.

Onthat table, she met Ray- a cute ladies guy with caramel skin andspiky hair. Florence- whom was called Floss, baby pink hair. Lastly,Dawn, a startling blonde with icy eyes. Lilah adored them more thanshe thought she would. And it scared her.