Falling

How long have I been here alone? How long have you've gone missing? Such pain...such misery.... I need you....

I heaved a sigh. The pouring rain circled me, as I walked around the abandoned village. I heard nothing, except the overwhelming, falling water. Everywhere I walked, it followed. No where to run. To escape...not without him.

Walking, walking, walking... Searching and searching... All that I do.

Barely eating. Rarely talking.

Emotions, feelings, love, misery...

Asking, asking, asking... Crying and crying... All that I do.

I stopped as I reached our house. Some time ago, I would have smiled from ear to ear at the sight of the small house. Now I do not receive the bit of happiness, joy that should have come from a single glimpse. I no longer have a reason to smile.

I roamed around the house. Drip, drip, drop. My eyes focused on what was in front of me. Drip, drip, drop. My feet halted at a soaked, wooden bench. As I sat down, words danced from my mouth, "Juvia is afraid. She is terrified. Juvia is afraid to smile, to be happy. Juvia is scared that if she feels happiness or love, then her heart will be shattered... Juvia doesn't want to feel loneliness! Not after meeting Gray-sama!"

I took some steps forward after I had stood. "Gray-sama!" I yelled out, "Juvia knows you cannot hear her, but she needs you! Juvia cannot live without you! Why did you leave?... Oh, Gray-sama... Please....please come back..." I fell to my knees, an empty feeling inside me. I closed my eyes, holding back tears. A heart so hollow that emptiness makes it full... Such...such pain?

"W-what is this!" I gasped. An overpowering pain stabbed at my chest...at my whole body. I coughed and coughed, tortured by the horrible feeling. My lungs were burning, my body boiling. And the tears...the tears rolled down my cheeks, barely visible with the surrounding rain.

I tried to stand up, but as soon as I tried, failed. Ugh... I'm stronger than this! I rapidly crawled to the bench, then used it as support to haul myself up. I stumbled, but managed to regain some balance. I advanced toward the place I had (once and still did) called home.

I entered the house, then trudging into the bathroom. I stared at the mirror, at my reflection. My skin so pale that it was see though, translucent. My eyes had lost their color, their life. Once a shining blue, nowa ghostly white. My hair seemed to have fallen off. There was close to none of traces that I had had living, curly hair... To put it all together, my body was boiling...almost evaporating. Sweat covered me. Yet...at the same time I felt very cold.

My breathing got heavier and heavier. Every breath, deeper and deeper. A thundering storm of coughing following. I clutched my throat, feeling as if I had been forced to take in acid, a horrible and poisonous acid. I made my way to my bedroom. A couple of steps in, my legs gave in under me and I fell onto the cold floor. What is happening to me? Is this an illness? Ugh, I feel like I'm at the verge of death...death... Am I dying? Could it be possi-....