F.E.A.R.

"Trick or treat!"

The sound of little children echoed throughout the house as I opened my front door, holding my orange bowl filled to the brim with candy. Standing in front of me were three princesses. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White grinned, holding out their cute little pink, green, and blue pumpkin buckets.

I dropped a small handful of candy into each of their buckets, "Happy Halloween!" I said, smiling.

Cinderella screamed when she saw my fangs and ran before I could give her the candy.

I frowned, "O...kay then...?"

Sleeping Beauty piped up, "She always does that. Halloween isn't her favorite time of year..." She trailed off.

"That's okay. I guess I went a little crazy with my costume as well," I motioned to my blood red dress and black hooded cape I wore. If you haven't figured it out yet, I was a vampire.

Snow White giggled, "Well, we should be going now. Mamma will be mad if we don't come back."

I waved, "Happy Halloween!" and shut my front door, setting the bowl on the coffee table in my living room. I slumped down on the couch and flipped the television on, turning every channel that had a scary movie on it. I hate scary movies.

A clattering noise in the kitchen pulled me from the television. I sighed and got up, "Liz, what have I told you about sneaking into-" I screamed when I got to the kitchen.

My cabinet doors were open and all of my boxes and cans were pinned to the ceiling.

I began to laugh nervously, "Very funny Liz! You got me! Now come out where I can see you!"

There was no answer. My heart began to hammer nervously in my chest.

All of a sudden, the boxes and cans crashed to the floor. I backed up until my back hit something sticky and wet. I slowly turned around and flipped on the kitchen light.

Written in dripping read was F.E.A.R in jagged letters, as if someone had just painted it there.

My initials.

Felicity Elizabeth Alexandra Ross.

"Liz," I muttered nervously, "Please tell me this is you."

There was still no answer.

"Goddammit Liz, this isn't funny!" I yelled.

Still no answer.

My heart threatened to beat out of my chest as I ran for the door, but stopped. Written on the door was F.E.A.R.

I looked around the room. F.E.A.R. was written everywhere. On my walls, my window, my furniture. Everywhere. Then I smelled it. The horrible stench. It was all written in blood.

Before I could even react to the writing, the lights began to flicker. Slowly at first, then more chaotically. The cabinets in the kitchen began opening and slamming shut over and over again. The television began flipping through all of the scary movies without my touch.

Then everything stopped.

The cabinets stopped opening and closing.

The television turned off.

And the lights turned off.

Ring around the rosies. A pocket full of posies... A child's voice began to sing.

"H-H-Hello? Liz?" I asked, my voice unsteady. I reached for the fire poker.

A white light flickered at the end of my hallway, Ashes, ashes. We all fall down.

At the very end of the hallway stood a little girl, her long black hair covering her face. She was deathly pale, and the clothes she wore were torn, Ring around the rosies. A pocket full of posies. Ashes, ashes-

"Who a-a-are you?!" I asked, my voice and hands shaking.

We all fall down. The little girl concluded, advancing towards me, Ring around the rosies. A pocket full of posies. Ashes, ashes-

"WHO ARE YOU?!" I screamed at her.

The girl appeared in front of me and I screamed. Her eyes and mouth were sealed shut, F.E.A.R. falls down.

My scream pierced the air and everything went black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellooo everyone! This is my first horror story of any kind, so I'm sorry if it's terrible.

I do not own the cover.

Stay classy.

~JacieBarr