Uncovering Abby

PLEASE READ AND SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS ON WHEITHER I SHOULD KEEP WRITING (: THANKS AND MAKE SURE YOU VOTE AND FAN! <3

Chapter One:

I slid my diary under my pillow, and put my pen down on my desk. I had written all about what happened today, yet I still felt as if it was still stapled to my chest, unmoveable. I couldn't breath, and before I could finish my thought, my mother's voice filled our tiny house.

"Abby, you're dinner is ready!" I quickly wiped the tears off my face. I looked in front of my flower-painted mirror, and could see a tall, skinny,  black-haired and green-eyed, tired girl staring back at me. I looked disgusting. My hair was falling out of it's pony-tail, my baggy shirt, and sweat pants could fit a bear. As I turned the corner my whole family was gathered around the table, as usual. My mother smiled at me, untill she noticed my tired, baggy face. She had a unammused expression as she walked towards me.

"Honey, please go wash up before you eat. Just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules." She smiled, and then kissed my forehead. Her hands were carrying a sliver pot, filled with green-beans. The house was filled with many different, and yummy scents.

"Hola, padre." I hugged my dad, who was bitting into a golden, biscut. He chuckled as the jelly began to escape from the biscuit's sides.

"Hola, my beautiful daughter. Are you alright?"

I didn't know how to respond. He could always tell when I lied, but I couldn't tell him the truth. I was certain of that.

I sat down next to my sister, Milly, who was drinking out of her princess sippy cup.

"Yeah, I just don't feel good." That was the best lie I could do? You could tell I didn't have a lot of expericence in lying. He kept cramming different types of food into his mouth, and he just nodded.

"Abby, are you sure you're okay? You're not eating at all." Said my brother Martin as he drank his orange soda.

"Yes, I'm fine! Just stop asking already!" Everyone stared at me. 

My mom finally joined us at the table.

"That is enough Abby, we all just wanted to make sure you were okay. Now, eat your dinner or there will be no apple pie for you." My mother had already gotten her chicken leg, mashed patatoes, and green beans.

I have two sisters, Milly (3) and Kaity (5), and my brother Martin (10). I'm the oldest by far. I am 16 years old. My family was half-white, and half-mexican. My dad was mexican, while my mom was white. My siblings and I were mutts for sure.

"Mommy, apple pie is my favorite!" Kaity took a huge, bite of her chicken and smiled at the thought of our mom's delicious apple pie.

"I know, that's why I made it." My mother winked at Kaity, as she held hands with our father.

The smell of the food was unbearable. My stomach was growling. I knew I was hungry, but couldn't eat - I was sick to my stomach. I have to eat now...it's not just me depending on it.

TO BE CONTINUED...