Captured

"We are going to be late! "

My best friend Lissy says as we ran down the halls of Helen Highschool in Minnesota. Lissy screaming my head off because I was going to make us late to homeroom...again. It wasn't my fault that I needed to fix my hair. When we made it to the door, Mr. Stevens was already standing at the door with his arms crossed. Lissy stared at me with her death stare making me roll my eyes.

" Your excuse of being late this time Ms. Greene? "

The students sitting in their desks snickers making this whole situation even more embarrassing. I look over at Lissy and then at Mr. Stevens. I shrug my shoulders as I didn't really have an excuse. I simply had to fix up my since I woke up late again. I was ready to tell him my reason until Lissy interrupted me.

" My mother was late with dropping us off. "

She says with her hands behind her back. She scratches her left wrist which tells me that she was nervous. Lissy doesn't really like lying but when she has to. She is a pro at it and not many people can ever tell if she is lying or not. Lucky for us, Mr. Stevens didn't notice and he let us in. We go to our seats in the back and I look out the window ignoring the rest of the class period. I saw a couple of kids skipping first hour and couldn't help but sigh.

" This is going to be a long day. "

--------

It felt like forever before we were finally released for lunch. My hands in my front pocket as I follow my crazy bunch of friends to the overly crowded lunch room. Now, when I mention a bunch of friends I only mean the five idiots I like to hang out with. Elizabeth Fiaz my best friend sense kindergarten. Every brunette needs a blonde right? Well that is who she is to me. My other half, my partner in crime, and everything else that runs under the title of best friend for life. Then there is the twins Sarah and Stacy Lynn. These two are always together and they are really the stereotype pair of twins. They both have beautiful long dirty blonde hair and vibrate green eyes. They share a lightly tan complexion and the two have very nice bodies. The only difference between the two is that one wear glasses while the other wears contacts. That's probably the only way you can tell the difference between the two.

Then we have the boys Jacob and Nick. Jacob is more of the nerd of the group he wears glasses, short red hair, tends to be on edge with everything and he is one of the smartest people I know. He is also a very attractive nerd as well. With his lightly tanned skin, light blue eyes and rather slim frame of a body. He has a few muscles here and there for carrying around books all the time. But, no one is complaining really about how he is. And lastly there is the handsome, quite charming and my boyfriend Nicholas Cooper. We have been dating for about three years now and it has been the best three years of my life. He has almost black color hair and a nicely tanned body. His muscles are defined along all of his body and he has far more attractive blue eyes than Jacob. His smile just makes my heart skip a beat and I could spend all day just staring at him. I sure am lucky to have him.

" Elena you are spacing out again. "

A dark tone voice glistens in my ear. My heart flutters at his words and my eyes meets with his. Nick was talking to me while we hung in the back of the group as we stand in line for some food. The group is talking to each other ignoring the couple in the back like always. It didn't bother me because I enjoy my time with him alone. My lips goes into a soft smile as I part my lips to speak.

" Sorry, I was just thinking how lucky I am to have you. "

I lean up going on my toes, because the man I love is almost six feet tall, and I kiss him gently on the lips. My lips tingling at the touch between them. I slowly pull away as we made it to the line of food. I decided to get the cheeseburger, fries and strawberry milk because I didn't like anything else the school was offering. The group went to their regular assigned table that has been their table since freshman year. Well, Lissy's and my table since freshman year but then Sarah, Jacob, Stacy and  Nick came along and now it's our table. Everyone sat down and began talking among themselves. I don't know why but today I felt weird. I didn't feel like myself today and I couldn't quite put my finger on why. I snapped out of my train of thought when someone touched my hand.

" Elena are you okay? "

I blink a few times before looking over at Nick's breath taking blue eyes. I nod softly as I pull my hand away and takes a bite out of my sandwich. Nick staring at me as if he was examining me. He wasn't fooled of course but I didn't know what to say to him. I feel off today? Well I guess he would understand but he would tell me not to worry about it. But, for some reason it's been itching at me all day today.

" Yeah, of course I am okay. I was just thinking about the exams coming up that's all. "

I never really lied to him before and I made sure to sound as convincing as possible. He stares at me for a few moments as if seeing behind the lie. Then I see his shoulders move up and he shrugs. He kisses my forehead before going to his food and munching on the fries. Sarah and Stacy were talking about how they can't wait for Prom. That's right... junior year is about to end isn't it? Well for me anyways, I am a junior so is Jacob. Sarah, Stacy and Nick are all seniors so of course this year is the best. On top of that it's going to be his birthday next month, Nick's 18th birthday and I have to make sure it's the best out of all birthdays. I really hope I can make him happy on May 21st.

Everyone left the lunchroom after eating and headed to their last two classes of the day. It seemed to by faster then the first four classes. Nick and I meet in our normal spot after school which was under a tree in the middle of the courtyard. I wait there for him patiently as something still made her itch. Maybe I forgot to pick up something for her parents? I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Someone's muscular and warm arms went around my body and embraced me in a loving hug. My thoughts vanish as my focus went to only him. I turn around and kisses his lips softly. He kisses me back as this was our bye until later routine. The kiss lasted longer than usual which I didn't mind at all, my arms wrapping around his neck and Nick pulling me closer to him. We kiss for what felt like forever and then slowly pull away. Both of us not wanting to stop but we both had to go. He would give me a ride but he has practice after school and I have work. So, him taking to and from school couldn't be part of our routine.

" I love you, Elena. "

" I love you too, Nick. "

We both kiss one more time before going our separate ways. I look at my phone for the time and freaked out as it was 2:30 already.

" Dammit, I am going to be late. "

My lips still tingling from the kiss as she hurries to her car. I looks in my purse for my keys which was hard to find since my purse was a mess. I made it to my blue bug and put my purse on the hood. Digging through the mess to find the keys. Did I forget them in my last period? I continue digging in the purse but couldn't find my keys.

" Where are they? "

I stop looking as I hear a pair of footsteps heading toward me. My body freezing up as I didn't know what it was. I quickly turn around to see a guy in a full suit of black. He tries to grab me but I immediately defend myself. I grab his hand and start to fight him with moves I never thought I had before. I flip him to the ground hard and was about to strike his face once more to knock him out but then a needle strikes my neck and a familiar voice spoke.

" That's enough, Elena. "

N-Nick? Was my last thought before I passed out.