A Promise To Keep

It was a beautiful Sunday morning where the sun was shining down on the city of L.A.

A smile sprung on my face as I thought about what I was going to do today.  I was finally going to tell my fiancé about our baby. 

I know he's going to be thrilled but still the thought of him not being so ran through my mind. Shaking my head I got up and started my day. By time I finished breakfast, I just sat there puffed out like a puffer fish. Reaching for my phone I scroll for my fiancés name and dial his number.

Funny enough he's not answering and he should of woken up by now as he's a morning person while I'm more like a turtle eternally hiding in its shell.

Calling once more I finally hear his beautiful voice.

"Hey babe!" I said.

"Oh. Hi Nicole." He said in a monotone voice.

"You okay? I mean you don't sound too good"

" I'm fine. Just a little under the weather but that's not going to stop me right? Don't worry about me okay.
I love you. See you soon. " He said.

"Okay. Love you." I whispered but he already hung up the phone.

To be honest, he's been acting very strange lately which seems to be odd. I mean sure all people have their days but it's Ryan. Today really is the day to tell him because I'm sure the news of our baby will surely cheer him up. I thought about for a minute or two until I concluded to a huge yes.

I packed my bag and headed out to my car heading to Ryan's condo.

Heading inside I say hello to the receptionist and security who I have gotten to know so well in the past few years. Alisa, the receptionist knows about the baby so I decided to fill her in on my plan.

"Hey girl." I said happily to her.

"Hey Nic." She said just as happy.

Alisa is a wonderful woman around the same age as me with a heart of gold. She has a loving boyfriend of her own named Luke and he is such a sweetheart compared to the assholes nowadays.

"I think I'm finally ready to tell him!"

"Oh my! I am so happy everything is working out for you Nic. Ryan is going to be so thrilled to hear this. You can see how much he really loves you by the way he looks at you with admiration through his eyes."

"Aww thanks Lisa" I say

We both bid our goodbyes and I head up into the elevator onto his floor. Knocking a few times on the door led to nothing so I then fish around my purse to find the spare key he gave me in case of an emergency. This is an emergency right? I mean he's been so MIA lately.

I easily open the door and shut it behind me.

I look around to see clothes scattered all along the floor with the remote tray and flower plant looking like someone actually shoved it hastily aside.

When I go to pick up the clothes, I see women's clothing along with Ryan's. I can identify that shirt from anywhere. There was a thong hanging from the lamp on the side table with a pair of heels thrown carelessly.

Right now the worst possibilities are going through my head because those are definitely not my clothes.

You know the song lyrics, "these hoes ain't loyal" well it's more like "these jackasses ain't loyal".

I finally had enough and kicked the clothes aside. I walk through the hall to the front of his bedroom door which was not surprisingly closed. Tears started to form as I hear moaning sounds coming from the insides.

I opened the door to see my fiancé having sex with some blonde chick under the covers. Tears ran down my face as I cleared my throat trying to get their attention. But that didn't seen to work so I cleared my throat once again but only harder. I think they seemed to finally notice when I heard,

"Oh God Nic I can explain. Baby I'm so sorry. It's not what it seems. "

Yeah right.

"Just save it for someone who cares because it certainly isn't me."

The tears kept on running down my face with no intentions to stop.

"And you!" I called out to the girl.

She jumped and looked at me. I went over to the side of the bed that she was in and took her hand. I took off the engagement ring and looked at her. The blonde bimbo just sat there with a smirk on her face. I placed the ring into the palm of her hands and gently closed them.

"I guess this now belongs to you. Do what you want with it. Wear it, pawn it, hell burn it at a sorority bonfire. To be honest I don't give a shit." I said laughing bitterly.

The bitch just stared at her hand thinking about the new money in her bank account.

"Ryan where did you even find her. I mean if you want to cheat on me, at least do it with a decent girl. Not someone looking like they just came back from a hee haw."

"But you had one fucking promise to keep! Huh? And you couldn't do that for me after all the shit I have done for you. You promised that we will be each other's  forever and always but obviously that isn't true. Here I am now walking alone. NEVER make a promise that you can't keep!"

"Nicole I-"

"No you listen up here buddy because I want to know why you could do such a thing? Was I not enough? For Gods sake do you even love me?"

"I do Nicole, I honestly do. I just don't know what came over me."

"Can you do one thing for me? Stay the hell away from me okay? Are you feeling better now honey?"

I then walked out the door, out of his life. But as I did, I had my hands wrapped around my belly. He would never know.

_____________________

I stayed in my car for a good hour crying replaying the images of what just happened in my head.

Earlier I thought that we would be both walking out of there with huge smiles on our faces talking about baby names and that we would buy a house together.

Well guess what Nicole, you need a reality check.