TEN

I woke up and rolled over so I was facing my other bedroom wall. I reached for my alarm clock and checked the time. It shone 7:48. I decided to sleep for a little longer so I let my body slump back into the fluffy duvet.

I finally woke up to the sound of cicadas outside. They can be so annoying with their high pitched squeals.

Today I had one goal and that was to stay away from the 'mermaid' cave. I am not sure if I will be able to resist the urge, but I will try accomplish my goal!

I had, had my breakfast cereal which was the usual, cornflakes of course. I had gobbled them down as fast as a snake!

I murmured to myself "what to do, what to do?" I wanted to do something dangerous (Like I hadn't had enough danger this week!)

I trodded down the stairs which sent a splintering echo throughout the room as I set foot on each one. The door opened with my hand set on the handle. It creaked as I pushed it harder.

Feet gliding along the old wooden floor boards as I was walking through and around the basement. Cobwebs interweaving into my hair, getting tangled and stuck in my luscious waves.

The old smell of ash hit my nostrils, almost rank. The awful smell was coming from the very far corner, the one with a tattered rocking chair. A small box sat and lay on top of a dusty cushion.

I was scared to open it.