A Night To Remember

PIPERS' POV

-FLASHBACK-

Pierre pulled into a parking spot that was located right across the street from Joeys' house. Joey is some guy who Pierre claims to be good friends with. If you ask me, I believe that he's just being used by the guy. Honest, Pierre isn't bad looking, he's actually kind of cute with his dark hair and nicely tanned skin.

Apparently women are like drawn to him for it and he seems absolutely fine with that

Apparently women are like drawn to him for it and he seems absolutely fine with that. BUT, he's like the brother I've always wanted.

As we sat in his car, precisely his jeep, I felt that I just needed to get a little something off of my chest. "Are you sure that we should even be at a place like this, I mean, Joey did invite you." I say to him, unbuckling my seat belt. "Listen Piper" He turned the key and pulled it out of the ignition, facing me. "I know you have never been to a party like this before...Or to any for that matter." He chuckled, looking down then to the house located across the street, with people dancing on the front lawn, with red cups.
"But maybe it's time for you to get the full college experience. And partly what we've missed out on when we were in high school." He looked at me again with a grin forming on his lips.

He must've known what my answer was going to be. "But...I don't know how to fit in at something like this. Even so, I don't like staying out too late, if it's an event like this." I whined. "This is not high school anymore Piper." He paused leaning in a little closer to me. "This is college...real life where no one cares, but YOU. " He whispered. I was a little taken back that he would say something like that. Especially since all that I have done was to care for him. Even though all of his past girlfriends had given me nothing but hell. Well, maybe not Angel she was cute and had a good heart. I never knew how or why they split and I didn't think asking was a good idea either. Besides he's growing up to be a man, so he possibly is right.

"Besides, its" he looked at his phone. " only 9:22pm, we can leave in an hour. Deal?" Pierre asked as he slid out of his side of the car. I gave a simple head nod as I did the same. As soon as we stepped inside, the music was on full blast, and the place smelled of sweaty bodies. It was so crowded, I was almost knocked off my feet on more than one occasion, which were very unpleasant. I had to hold onto Pierre's arm otherwise I would get lost in the crowd. I let go as soon as we reached the kitchen, which was a little less crowded.

"Hey, you actually made it bro." Joey yelled as he put his arm over Pierre's shoulder laughing. Leaning up against the counter, grabbing a red cup, and offering it to him. I saw him accept it but the most he did was smell it and take a sip before pouring it out into the sink behind him. Joey laughed but I found nothing funny about that.

I felt so awkward just standing here looking around like someone searching for their mother at a supermarket. " Hello" I heard a voice from behind me and it sounded very familiar.

"LISA!" I smiled the biggest, as I saw her for the first time in months. We had graduated high school together. She was wearing her hair in a messy bun and a white crop top with light blue shorts. She didn't look any different besides the fact that she works at a bakery an hour away from my college campus.