Letter One

Dear Zaire,

I know you don't know me yet and I fret you never will.

I mean I feel like I'm not a shy person, but it's almost certain that I have no chance with you. I know the truth and I am nothing new. A little bit tall with above average build, you could probably fill a field with every man that's come up to you fitting that bill. But still, you have me hoping that maybe one day you could feel that I am so hopelessly chilled when I see you that my free will is still in the shadow of your wake. How the air around you quakes with every breath your body takes, and I shake when you look through me. Like you can see what moves me to be so useless when I fake like my interest isn't borderline intrusive. And me being so elusive isn't conducive to our ever being exclusive but I can't seem to remove it. What mortal man can stand before his savior without revealing his deeper nature?

Do you feel me? Cause the real me isn't as nice as I pretend. I wanna be more than friends but our end all depends on whether the means don't intervene and plant seeds of mistrust.. I get it, maybe this is too much for my first letter so I will keep this correspondence to the point.

You are beyond miraculous. It's exasperous how your mind enraptures lust in every inconceivable way. Not simply our desire to lay but even how every word you say makes me sway to the sound of your voice. Devoid of choice it hoists me to a plane where I am almost ashamed to be near you this way. And although I play like I can simply ignore you, when I come before you I'm pulled into your atmosphere and ripped into not only fear but a weird sense of excitement. And I can no longer fight it. So I chose to write you a letter. I know it isn't much but maybe it's just the right step I need for our relationship to take seed. And just so you so you don't think I have nothing to offer, I wrote you a poem. It isn't amazing and maybe improper but it comes from my heart so I hope you enjoy it...

Reigning down from a thrown,

Unbeknownst to you but dear princess, I'm home.

Not as a prince but as a pauper,

Away in a world with little to offer.

Well aware that no rubies or jewels,

Are enough to ignite your heart as fuel.

Your pauper arrives with a bundle of coal,

Not sure if you will let him put on his show.

Only your riches can glow oh so proper,

With the fire created from trusting your pauper.

Love,

The Pauper