Intro

My hands trembled as I grabbed onto him, beads of sweat were practically dripping of my face as I moved. My legs ached and my head hurt from all the jumping.
"1! 2! 3! Jump!" Yelled Mrs. Aguestin
As my ears stared ringing.

Letting go of Jason I jumped to the side, making small turns as I moved.
My arms were kept firm and my head aimed perfectly. My legs shifted again landing in a ballonnè. I stood in place waiting for Jason to come and grab me again. But as he made his way, the bell rung, dismissing me from the hell of this ballet class.

"Lexi you did great!" Amiya said, as she approached me with water.

"Thanks" I muttered out as I started drinking.

"So, my place or yours?" She asked, while taking off her pontie shoes. Her dark skinned hands worked flawlessly as they loosened the laces. Her tight bun bobbled a bit as she smiled up at me.

"Mm how about we go to Manhattan, then just chill at Central Park?"
I have been wanting to see the ducks ever since I heard they put them back again. I loved animals, nothing felt better than holding them in my arms. But I never have had the chance to go to Central Park and see them.

"Fine, but change first. Unless you want look like a ballet hippie holding a duck" she teased as she grabbed our bags. I smiled lightly, I was definitely ready to leave this place.

-
The day went by extremely quick, and before I knew i was back in Dumbo Brooklyn. My hands trailed the walls as I walked further down the road.
Tomorrow i had get up early for university, but I didn't mind. I loved the career I was studying.

As I fumbled with the keys, I noticed a small letter on the apartments doormat. A red seal was plastered on the back and beautiful handwriting was on the front.

'To Mariana Elizabeth Standof and Maxon Standof
From The royal parliament of England"
My eyes widen, why the hell did my mother receive a letter from the Royal parliament. The letter was heavy, and curiosity was getting the better of me. So with quick motions I opened the door, threw my stuff to the side and opened the letter.

Mariana and Maxon , it has come to our attention
that Lexi has turned 19.
With King Willem of the Netherlands
Ill, It seems we will need for Lexi to
return. King Willem would like to meet
his daughter, along with Queen
Elizabeth of England who would like
to meet her grandchild. After all Lexi is the product of an affair, yet still royalty, we will crown her princess and wed her off. We will send representatives of both kingdoms to receive her and bring her to the England. Any haste action will be considered as treason, Princess Lexi Alexandra of United Kingdom and Netherlands must return. It's final
- parliament of United Kingdom

My hands shook, the letter fell to the floor as I stood up. I paced, I couldn't be a princess. I can barely hold a fork properly! My mind went wild, as my breath was caught in my throat.
Sounds of keys sounded on the outside.
I stared with wide eyes as my so called mother walked in.

"Hey Lexi, how was-" her eyes caught sight of the note. Her blue eyes glanced at my hazel ones. Her smile flattened into a line. And her breath hitched as she tried to speak.
"I-"
"It's princess Lexi now I guess" I said as I threw a book to the floor.
"How long did you plan to hide me from my royalty? Now all of a sudden I'm called for my title! I.. Mom.. Should I even call you mom?" My eyes scanned the room, pictures of me were scattered everywhere. Notes from when I was little we're hung on the wall. All addressed to my mother, but never received. I stared at the ground, my heart pounding with anguish as Mariana spoke to me.

"Lexi please understand, me and Maxon were assigned to care for you after you were born. Your mother died soon after you were born, and the country was divided. If they knew that you were the product of an affair, both kingdoms would have clasped. So instead they let you go missing, sent you off with us to America so they would never know. As you grew older me and Maxon fell in love with you, we officially got married after you were 4 and we cared for you since then. I never wanted to hurt you but this was kept from you to save you. " her blue eyes welled up with tears, her pale hands reached out to me. But I dogged her, this was overwhelming. As I walked to my room I couldn't help but hear sobs come from my 'mothers' mouth.

"Forgive me" she stated quickly, before I shut my door.