o n e

it wasn't practical for a girl to go on a walk at night. of course lola was afraid, but she had to get home from work somehow. she had her pepper spray and she knew how to defend herself, if someone were to try and hurt her.

she walked only where there was light and where it seemed that people were still awake, she was being very cautious. from afar, she could see a man running from something behind him. he was going straight towards her direction and she didn't know how to react. she stood there until he got close to her and yanked her arm, "don't just stand there, can't you see what's behind me?"

she shook her head, she usually wore glasses or contacts but she was in a rush this morning. she couldn't see what was behind him since it was too far away, and maybe that was a good thing. "what are you running from?"

the man turned to look at her and searched her eyes, "now try and see."

she looked back and turned to see a bunch of alien-like creatures. they were a greyish tone with no eyes or nose, all they had was a large mouth with sharp teeth that pointed outwards. lola almost fainted right there but she knew that she would be dead if she stopped moving.

she began to move her feet even faster, though the man was really doing all the work. he sighed and stopped for a moment, "get on my back," he ordered.

she didn't object, in fear of the alien monsters that were trying to get them at the moment. they were snarling and moaning, they were hungry for something, and lola was pretty sure it was for some human meat. she wasn't sure what was going on, where were all of the other people? lola and the man kept running but no one came to their aid.

"where do you live?" the man asked lola.

"i don't know if i can give you that information," lola trailed off.

the man was annoyed, "we need somewhere to hide from them. what is your address, i won't ask again."

she gave him her address and gave him her phone so he could find the way easily with directions. he kept moving the whole way, it was like he never got tired. she was beginning to wonder if he was even human. it didn't seem very silly since she was running away from aliens at the moment.

lola and the man finally arrived at her house and ran inside, breathing heavily and hoping that they had escaped the aliens.