Chapter One

I grip tighter on my brother's hand, as we carefully trudge through piles of broken concrete and bent wire. It's another hot and foggy night, a common factor to when your planet's atmosphere is mainly pollution.

We are on the hunt for my parents, who dissapeared three days ago just after the bomb, I scratch into my tattered notebook. My brother and I still have hope! We are heading to the factory, where they were last seen.
James seems so brave.

"There it is!" James shouts as he takes off into a sprint. I pick up my sore legs and follow.

When we finally reach the building, I notice a strange circular shadow surrounding us.

James's face turns blank as he walks out of the shadow.

"Hey James wai-"

Something cold and metal tightly grasps around my right arm.

Halfway through a horrified gasp, my limbs become numb and I fall backwards.

My perepherial view starts to turn fuzzy and black as I try to scream for James but my voice is mute.

James has to be going through the same thing, or else he would be helping me.

Everything turns black.

I hope you liked the first chapter! Please do give me and reccomendations for the title, cover, description, story, anything!! (Also please be a grammar Nazi, it helps lmao)
Thanks for reading and please vote!