Chapter One: The Escape

I woke up startled when I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

"Sebas, you're aunts gonna be here soon!"

Shit. I fell asleep. I quickly ran to the restroom and brushed my teeth. It was about 12 noon and my aunt Diana was supposed to be getting here by now. Luckily my bags were already packed and I had everything ready except for myself. I figured a decent outfit change would suffice so I threw on a band t-shirt and some shorts and headed downstairs.

I was ready for what would be a very well needed summer vacation away from home.With recent problems with my parents I figured I might as well get away for a while.

I was gonna be staying with my aunt back in my hometown Greensboro, New York. You see when people think of New York they think of lights and the city and people and partying. But Greensboro was the total opposite.

Smack dab a couple miles above of New York City is Greensboro. Driving distance it's only about an hour away but you get the point. Greensboro is well, green. Very green. Dark trees everywhere you look. Little mom and pop shops line the streets and the back ways curve thought the foresty mountains.

As you could already imagine there's not very much to do in Greensboro. But now looking back at it as a mature teenager I see the potential for fun. Potential for freedom. Potential for adventure. I appreciate the aesthetic of the little town. And I can't wait to make it mine again.

"Are you sure you've got everything?" my mom asked as I put my bags over by the front door.

"Yes mom I'm sure." I said with a sigh.

"You be careful son. No fooling around over there. I mean it." My dad added as he joined my mom in the hallway.

My parents are what you could say protective. They think I'm a troublemaker and are always on my back about everything I do. And very often, our views on things don't completely add up.

A few minutes later my aunt pulled into the driveway and my parents said their goodbyes as they continued to lecture me about behaving myself some more. As annoyed as I was I managed to keep calm and wished them the best as I reassured them that id keep in touch.

"Ready to get lit lil nephew?!" My overly exited aunt Diana squealed as we pulled off the driveway and into the road. I looked back to see my mom and dad wave goodbye and turned back to my aunt with the straightest face i could ever make.

"Please never say that again."

--

The drive to my hometown was a long one.

After leaving the small town of Greensboro to move to the very humid city of Miami, Florida I didn't plan on going back for a while. The move was sort of a new start for me and I honestly didn't have much of a social life or friend to miss.
And I definitely wouldn't miss Alex Miller.

Alex was your typical popular high school god that everybody worshipped. The girls wanted to be with him. The guys wanted to be him. And I, wanted nothing to do with him. Ever since I came out he gave me shit. Picking on me and messing with me and making my life a living hell. Once I left I felt relieved of the problems from my past and I was able to move forward with my life. I eventually made plenty of friends in Miami and was able to gain a decent social life.

A while later I checked my phone when I got an incoming text from my best friend Matt

Matt: How's the drive so far? Anything exiting yet? [ Delivered 1:15pm ]

I looked around to only see my aunt Diana passionately belting the words of a Taylor Swift song.

I chuckled and gave a long sigh as I stared out the window into the green nothingness.

Me: This is going to be a hell of a ride.
[ Sent 1:16pm ]

--

a/n:

so I guess this is just a small glimpse of what I have planned in store for this fic.  I haven't really thought out every detail,  but I think I know where I wanna take this. So tell me what you think so far. I hope you guys like it. ☺️