Chapter 1:The Office

"I was  working for the NYPD as a detective for 5 years, the youngest ever for that matter, I graduated high school at 16 and just turned 21 last week. I have been told I'm super intelligent for my age and that's why I skipped 2 grades. I know the FBI is hesitant on hiring me because I'm 21 just barley an adult, but I hope that won't affect your judgement because I am confident that I will be essential to this unit." Bailey, a spunky brunette with bright green eyes, tried to look at what seemed like a blank piece of paper the agent is suppose to be evaluating her on."Are you writing this down because I don't see you writing. I'm almost positive that's your job."

The FBI agent, Mr. Link, looked over his glasses and gave Bailey a quick glance of annoyance and said,"I am quite aware of my job Miss Carter, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell me what to do for my job."

"Right, I apologize."

"Well your qualifications are exceptional I hope you enjoy working..."
At that moment a handsome young man, about 6'2 with sandy colored hair and piercing blue eyes, walked into the room "I finished filing my recent... Well who's this girl, would you like me to escort her to the interrogation room?"

"This is our newest recruit and your new partner Agent..."

"I can speak for myself, thank you very much." Bailey stood up and shook the mans hand, "I'm Carter, Bailey Carter. And I'm a woman now thank you very much."

The man's eyes met at Baileys lightly freckled face and shaking Bailey's hand back said, " I'm Anderson, Tyler Anderson."

"Agent Anderson could you lead Agent Carter to her office? And I'll take those files."Mr.Link said taking the files out of agent Anderson's hand,"And don't worry Miss Carter, Agent Anderson is one of our best."

"Oh, I'm not worried, I'm ready to get out onto the field." Bailey grabbed her box of trinkets and started to walk out the door when Tyler put his enormous hand on her shoulder.

"Hold on there, Squirt. I will lead you to your office."
Tyler stepped in front of Bailey and walked out and she followed.

"Don't call me Squirt."Bailey murmured as she was lead to a small little office with no windows. "I was given a better office when I was a detective. But I guess I'll have to make do." She hulled her box on the lowly desk and started taking out decorations.

"What are these?" Anderson asked as he pulled out some sparkly streamers.

Bailey grabbed them out of his hand, glared at him, then pulled up a chair and started to hang the streamers on the ceiling.

An official looking women walked into the office holding an thick, fat envelope. "Agent Carter?

"Yes?"

"Here,"she handed Bailey the envelope,"I was hesitant on you handling this case,but you are with Agent Anderson so I hope you can prove yourself worthy of working here."

Bailey, oblivious of the offensive comments made, stepped off the chair and took the envelope. "Yay my first case as an FBI agent, so exciting!"

Anderson didn't seem as excited as she was; he and this woman seemed to be whispering fast and looking anxious. They exchanged one more  serious glance, then she left the room. Anderson walked up to Bailey looking grim,"That lady works for the head of the FBI, they only gives us cases if it's a threat of national security and they are only giving the us 3 days to figure out who killed..."

Bailey stood there in shock. "It's murder?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Who is it?"

"Alvin Rome, Speaker of the House of Representatives."

"Where did they find him?"

"In a refrigerator, some kids were messing around in a ditch and tripped over the corner of it. They dug it up and opened it to find dead Alvin Rome."

"I think we better start now. Where was the body sent to?"

"The Chief Coroner's for an autopsy report."