ʜᴇ ᴡᴀs sᴏ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ

Ever since he was young, people would constantly make fun of his unusual hair color that stuck out like a sore thumb. If there was one thing he could've changed about himself, it would've been just that. He was known for it, whenever someone on the streets recognized him, they would point at his hair and say, "Look! It's the boy with the pink hair!" He'd be lying if he said that it didn't bother him. He grew up knowing that pink was a frilly color for girls, and it didn't help that Gray constantly made fun of him for it, but luckily that ridicule died down as they grew older. Nevertheless, he was still self conscious for it. Some days were better than others, some turned into a nightmare. It didn't help when once, many children huddled around him to point at his hair and make fun of it and how 'girly' it made him look. He was a man goddamn it!
Often times he would even attempt to dye his hair with magical potions, but somehow his hair would turn back to its original color within moments? Was his hair just a curse? What has he done to receive this curse?
Currently, the recent potion he used to dye his hair was wearing off, and in an attempt to clear his mind, he decided to pay his favorite celestial wizard a visit.
"Natsu, some of the potion didn't mix well with your hair." Happy said as he pointed out some streaks, that were in the midst of vanishing, with a gross greenish color.
"I'm not trying blue again." Natsu mumbled as he jumped up into the window and climbed inside.
Happy couldn't help but feel bad for Natsu, when they were little, he constantly tried I give Natsu confidence about his hair when Gray made fun of it. However, after countless times of trying, he gave up since Natsu wouldn't ever believe him. Happy flew in besides Natsu and stopped when he saw Lucy getting stylized by cancer.
Lucy was different, she was confident about her hair. Happy might even say, she was too confidence, but why wouldn't she be? She had beautiful flowing blonde hair that anyone would feel lucky to have. Lucy turned around, and didn't even both yelling since she immediately knew who they were.
"Barging in again?" She huffed in annoyance until Natsu's hair caught her attention.
"Natsu, what did you do with your hair?" She questioned as she stood up and received an 'ebi' from the hairstyling zodiac member.
"It was just a damn useless potion is all." He made sure not to specify that it was a hair dye one.
"Whatever the potion was, it made your hair look like a mop and sorta greasy." She flat out pointed those details out that didn't make Natsu feel any better, "How about you let cancer here fix it up a bit?" She said as she directed their attention to the oversized crab.
Natsu came here to get away from his central problem, but now it was being presented to him in such a forward manner. He couldn't blame Lucy though, she didn't know how truly self conscious he could be about his hair.
He slow crossed his arms and directed his attention elsewhere, "Fixing its current state won't fix it permanently... It'll always revert back to being the pink color that everyone makes fun of so much..." He admitted and Lucy could tell that he had some critical opinions about his own hair.
"But Natsu, I've always loved your hair." Natsu's eyes widened at bit at the confession as he directed his attention back to her, "It's the same color of the flower pedals of the trees that my mom used to plant back home.... And I'll finally come clean, it's why I got my fairy tail insignia in pink." Lucy lifted her hand to show him her fairy tail sign.
Natsu couldn't believe it, nor' could he explain the incredible amount of happiness he felt circulating through his body.
He felt like he was simple because
just like that, he loved his hair now.