The Murderer

For Mr. Bell, Greatest school teacher I ever had,

I looked around as I limped across the thick mud, that threatened to swallow me into it. I could make out the silhouette of a monumental mansion, sitting lonely in the middle of the field. I walked towards the antique building as the fog gently touched my face. Now , I can see it clearly, a building with smashed windows and rotting wood walls, that made it look like it had been there for a 100 years. I touched the antique door handle. Suddenly, I heard a crack under my feet, and then...

I landed head-first on the dusty floor. I felt like I had broken every bone in my body. I sat up in a feeling of confusion. After I had regained my sight, I looked around. I asked myself,"What is this place?" It looked like I was in an underground basement. It was as silent as death. The room, which proved that it's ancient had hundreds of various designed doors. I was thinking if I should stay here and starve to death, or open a door and reveal it's ancient secrets.

I just realised that each door had a number above them, ranging from 0 - 10. I was suspicious of what was behind the doors. First, I opened door 5, because it was my favorite number. I braced myself to what was going to be inside. I opened the door, slowly and gingerly. *creaaak*. The door was now wide open, and all I could see inside was... Nothing. I was terrified. I could be stuck here forever with no way out. I started opening every single door, hoping to find one that is not blocked by the monstrous wall. I came to the last door, every single door had a wall behind it. This worn-out wood door was my last hope. I opened the door... and found a dimly lit corridor behind. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran, to what I think was 100 km/h, and found staircases leading upwards...

I sprinted through the muddy filed, the mud, which was still trying to devour me, was slowing me down. Suddenly, out of the blue, thick fog encased me, like a snake swallowing a mouse. "It's too late to save your family now." Came an eerie voice from, who knows! I was scared, no I was petrified. I ran, as fast as my legs can carry me. When my house was in view, I relaxed a little. I swung the door wide open, and what I saw in there, chased the life out of me...