Baby Don't Cry

You sniffled as soon as you reached the school’s rooftop, tears already threatening to fall; you were preventing tears to run down your face as you were making your way through the crowd and into the school’s rooftop.

You gripped onto its railings as you let your tears run freely, it has been a week since you had caught your boyfriend of two years cheating. You saw them on one of the convenient stores you frequented since it was the nearest one to your dorm. You saw him talking dangerously close to Hyuna – you remembered her name was Hyuna since she was rather popular in school for sleeping with almost half the school’s population. You were about to approach them when you saw how Hyuna pecked Kris’ lips, you stood there waiting for some violent reaction from your boyfriend which didn’t happen, instead he had pulled her closer to him kissing her on the lips.

As soon as you saw that, you ran out of the store forgetting all the things you needed to buy.

And here you are today crying your eyes out for the nth time already.

Slumping on the ground, you rested your back against the railings and let your tears fall continuously. Someone sat beside you - in which you didn’t mind, extending his hands to give you a piece of cloth – his handkerchief. You grabbed it from him and wiped your tears with it. He sat there quietly as you continued to sob.

This stranger, you didn’t mind him at all. Since the first time you came here crying he had been your witness – him and his handkerchief.

At first you tried hiding away from him – you didn’t want anyone seeing that you were hurt, but it was no use he didn’t let you telling you how it would be fine in no time when you let it out especially with a stranger like him and so right now you didn’t care anymore. You actually felt a lot better whenever you’d cry with him just sitting beside you.

“It has been a week already” you heard him speak quietly. It was the first time he spoke to you, it was the first time you heard his voice, “Why are you still crying?” he continued and you ignored his question. You ignored it not because you were annoyed that he was intervening with some else’s problem, but because you just cannot answer his question.

By this time, your crying has subsided already and you felt your eyes sore from all the crying already. You wouldn’t be surprised if one day you’d come here crying but tears won’t be coming out already since you felt you had already dried your eyes out.

Since you didn’t answer his question, he then turned to look at you. You saw how he was now staring at you but you didn’t care. You just looked ahead of you ignoring his actions. He stood hastily and this time you looked up to him confused at his sudden actions. “Come with me” he muttered before reaching out one of his hands for you. You didn’t respond to this and only stared at him in confusion. ‘What is he doing now?’ you asked yourself.

A little frustrated at your lack of response, he snickered before finally grabbing your bag from the ground with one hand and the other dragged you up and out of the rooftop. “Yah! What are you doing?” you asked as you were being dragged and was trying to loosen his grip on you. He didn’t answer but continued dragging you out.

You were actually tired from all the crying you had done and so you just let him be, you didn’t have enough energy left to protest against him. He doesn’t have a big build like Chanyeol or Kris but he sure was strong.

You just let him do his way and you didn’t even notice the both of you riding a cab.

“We’re here!” he announced and you noticed that he had brought you to an amusement park. You sighed and asked him why he had brought you here and you only got a smirk from him. You pouted as he started dragging you once more.

He had already tried almost all the arcade games but you still remained looking tired beside him. He looked at you worriedly and then dragged you into one of the small karaoke rooms – noraebang in there and he started singing while you sat there quietly. He sang a couple of girl group songs and even dances to it. You smiled a little at his attempt to make you feel better.

“Now this song, I’ll especially dedicate this to you” he said as he looked directly at you. “I hope you’ll feel better already” he smiled genuinely at you.

So baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you tonight~

He finished off as he looked seriously at you. You stared back at him feeling a little light already and at the same time feeling guilty at how you were actually ignoring him when he was here and about trying to lighten your mood.

You smiled at him and tried your very best to look cheerful, the both of you went out from the room after some time and decided to try another round of those arcade games.

He went to get some tokens as you busied yourself on one of the stuff toys inside the crane machine, you were staring at it trying to figure out how to get it that you didn’t notice him standing beside you already. “You like that one?” he asked startling you a bit; you bit your lip as you nodded meekly. “Then let’s try getting it for you”

The both of you tried and tried but to no avail you cannot get the toy you already gave up but he still didn’t, with the last token in his hands he promised you how he would be giving that stuff toy to you only if you promised to stop crying already. You thought for a while before nodding in response you really like to have that toy and so you nodded eventhough you weren’t sure about that one thing.

Kris was your boyfriend of two years and eventhough he has been nothing but a jerk, two years is still a long time to move on that easily from. And besides he wasn’t like this before it was just this few months that you were feeling a little off.

With all determination and that one last piece of hope, he slid the last token in and started moving the crane slowly. He lowered the crane once he was satisfied with its position with you praying all the while. The toy slipped a little while the crane was moving into the chute but luckily the crane held it in place. He successfully got the stuff toy and you jumped in happiness hugging him a bit before taking the stuff panda bear into your hands. “Thank You!” you cheered happily not noticing how his cheeks flushed into a slight tinge of pink as you hugged him a while ago.

You were now walking side by side with the stuff panda bear in your arms, he insisted how he should walk you home since it was already late and that he was the one that dragged you out. “Uhm” you started gaining his attention “Thanks for this” you continued pertaining to the panda bear in your arms “Ah that was nothing. I just hope you had fun” he continued and you found yourself nodding “I did have a lot of fun thanks to you again…..uhhh” you trailed as you remembered how you didn’t know his name, ‘What was his name again? But then again, I cannot remember him telling me his name’ he felt you about your concern and almost immediately answered you question “Kyungsoo” you were confused in a moment but then quickly got back to your senses. “Kyungsoo?” you repeated and he confirmed it with a nod. But you were pretty sure that he was called D.O. you shrugged that thought away and just thanked him for today once more.

You stopped as you noticed that you have arrived infront of your house already. You waved goodbye and thanked him once more. “Hope to see you smiling tomorrow, Iseul” he said making you stop and look back at him in shock. ‘How did he know my name?’ you were certain that you haven’t revealed your name to him, nor he is in the same class as you are. He was your sunbae in school, you’ve heard about him but never did the two of you have any encounter or what-so-ever. The closest you had come to him was when you started going to the rooftop to cry and until now you haven’t mentioned your name to him.

He walked backwards as he smiled and waved at your confused face before finally looking back and continued on his way.

You were left there confused as ever before finally deciding to go in and making a mental note to ask him about it later on – maybe when you happen to bump into each other once more. You smiled at the thought and hugged the panda plush he had given you.

You placed the plush in your bed before changing out of your clothes and into your pyjamas. “Goodnight Kyungsoo~” you cooed and hugged the panda plush closer to you. You decided to call him ‘Kyungsoo’ since the plush actually looked liked him. They both had big, clear eyes.

In no time, you drifted off to dreamland with a smile on your face awaiting for what would happen tomorrow at school and completely forgetting about Kris and everything that happened two years ago.