Untitled Part 1

It all started in a small town located smack in the middle of Texas. My daddy always told me that I should live life to the fullest, but that is what everyone says. Life out here is hard. The temperature outside is always above 90 degrees. Now all our money that we earn from the farm is going to buying a new fan, it cost about 87 dollars. My daddy says that we need about three more months of money for the fan. I told my self that I would work extra hard on the farm now. So far this week I have raised two bucks. If all six of my family members raise two bucks a week we will have that fan soon.

We finally have enough money to buy the fan. Daddy said that he will take me to town to buy the fan. I have never been to town before. I have always been too young. But now is my time and I m so excited! 

At town there was all types of merchandise there was food, toys, instruments, and much more. But what I really came for was that fan. There we saw it. A white fan with a blue stripe on the stem. And it was the last one. Then, when we were coming to grab the fan, I saw a man, and this man wanted our fan. Well it wasn't ours, yet. So I ran and grabbed it just as he was reaching out his hand. I was rather proud of myself, but Daddy wasn't. He didn't want me to ever run off again. But in the end, all was well.

                                                                                     The Next Month

We enjoyed life with the fan. Every day we would come home to the gush of cold air provided buy this wonderful fan. Lots of other things happened in the month of July. First we start with the Fourth of July. There were fireworks and smiles everywhere that I looked. It seemed that for one day my entire family forgot about their worries about the work that needed to be done in the fields or the nonstop heat. Then on the tenth,  my mother said her last words.  They were " Take care of the family". Her life was taken by an Army man. This man was not from the U.S.A force. He was fighting for a foriegn country. This man also took my father as a slave.