namjoon - missing you

"... I miss you."

He sighs, the wind crackling the sound going through your phone. "I miss you too."

"Do you realize it's extremely hard to not go crazy without you here?" Your last word became a whisper, you felt a knot forming in your throat.

You couldn't see his face through the phone call but he wanted to hold you so tight.

"Listen, I love you. I know it hurts to be away from each other but knowing that you are still here talking to me makes me feel at ease. There is no one else but you. And I love you and I hope you love me too because I have no idea what I'd do without you."

You swallowed hard in hopes of getting rid of the knot that was preventing you from talking.

"I know exactly what you'd do without me. You will continue to make music and tour with your mates and move on until finally you realize you really didn't need me all along. I'm just here, like your shadow."

"Don't say that. You are my muse. You inspire me to write lyrics. You inspire me to make music. Without you I couldn't do nearly as well as I am doing right now and that's all thanks to you. You have filled my void and patched me up so I'm whole. I couldn't be whole without you by my side."

His words always moved you and you couldn't help but cry. You didn't know what you did to deserve such a pure soul that loves you. You weren't perfect but he accepted you either way and he will unconditionally continue to love you. And that was just one of the countless things you loved about him.

"Namjoon, I love you. Thank you for everything. I'm not leaving. I just really wish you were here with me right now."

He smiles but of course you couldn't see that either.

"I wish I was there too. I'll be home before you know it and we can just pick up where we left off."

"Ok." You smile and hang up.

You snuggle up in your couch, enveloped by his favorite sweater.