Chapter 1

The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

-Robert Frost

•••••••••••••

"Bella, I am sorry but this is not for debate, he is coming. My man are being killed every single day, along with women and children. The whole business is falling apart. These are my man. My responsibility."

His mafia business.

My brother, being the typical him. Did not get what I had just told him.

"Oh my god! Are you not listening to me at all, Shawn?! He is a dangerous man! You cannot make business with this man. He will get you in so much trouble that I am afraid to think about it! He will not help you, but rather use you to get what he wants! Why on earth would he help you?" I say, tears are streaming down my cheeks now.

Can't he see where his actions would eventually lead him? To death, that is where. And I do not wish for that. Not in the least.

Man, women and children are being killed every single day.

"Well in that case I would have to deal with the consequences. Unless of course, you have a better idea in mind" he says, Sparing me one last look as to say ' I wish there was something else I could do to get us out of this mess ' before preparing to leave. There has to be something, some sort of loophole. There has to.

"Wait!" I say. He turns around, glancing at me. " I am willing to offer myself to the Chinese Mafia in exchange for their protection of your man and for the women and the children, of course." I state. Willing to do whatever it takes to save as many lives as I possibly can.

My brother looks at me until his eyes get darker, so dark I can't see the delicate shade of blue I usually see in them. Or used to see; once, too long ago to remember.

But I do.

"Absolutely not. Not as long as I breath." He states.

"How are you going to find him?" I ask. Hoping with all my heart that he isn't.

"I will figure it out." He says, and than turns on his heels and leaves me to cry my heart out.

In that moment I wish for everything. For everything except for my brother to ask for help from Adrian Askynov. The Russian mafia's boss. The person you do not want to encounter in your lifetime. Ever. The person who could destroy you, just by looking at you.

Adrian Askynov.

••••••••
Author's note:
Hello guys! How are you?
I am aware that this is a super short chapter, and I promise you that the next chapters would be longer. Much much longer.
I would appreciate it if you would comment and state your opinion of the first chapter. I will be happy to get a constructive criticism, and would write the chapters accordingly.
Thank you for reading! Have a great great day!