Unexpected

It was a cold night, I could have sworn I felt the bitterness to my bones. I had just gotten out of my dance class, I was exhausted from the new routine we had be learning. I decided it was best to just get home, I didn't have a car and my loft wasn't that far from where the studio was so I walked instead of calling an uber. I was checking my messages when I was dragged by my arm into an alley. I screeched "HELP ME," as I was being de-clothed by a man in a mask. "Shut up, you don't want to wake anyone now do you?" He said holding up a silver object. I struggled to get out of his grip when I felt his hand reach for my throat. I yelped but I couldn't make out any words. The only thing I had remembered was falling onto the floor.

     I woke up in an unfamiliar place. My head was pounding. It felt like a migraine to the max. I jumped at the sound of a mans voice. Then I remembered what happened last night and I screamed begging For my life. I turned around seeing a tall man muscular dark eyes and chiseled features. He calmly stood and said, "coffee?" I didn't know what to say so I just sat there like an in idiot. Mouth open. He looked away laughing, "I'm gonna take that as a yes." I had so many questions. Who was he, how did I get here, why am I blushing. The next thing I knew I was out of my daze as he took my hand and looked me straight in the eye and said, "are you okay?" "I guess," I said taking his hand. "How did I get here?" I remarked. He replied with, "you were almost mugged, thanks to me you're not dead." I looked down not knowing what to say next. There was a moment of silence.  "What's your name?" He said breaking the tension. "Vanessa"

      He had let me sleep in his apartment which was awkward but very kind. I realized I still haven't asked his name. I didn't feel the need to I felt safe with him. I don't know why but I felt a connection to him like I've never felt anyone before. I snapped out of it when my alarm on my phone rang, I immediately turned it off in panic. "What if I had woken him up" I turned around to see the same man already awake. He was at his granite island reading the paper. I got up and walked to him. I hadn't even realized that he was shirtless until he got up from the chair. Damn did he look good. "Did you sleep well?" He asked. "Not really, probably because I still don't know your name." I said smiling. "Matt" he smirked. He had such a cute smirk. I could feel my cheeks heating up. "Oh, I haven't said anything charming yet." He said noticing my blush, I swear my cheeks were melting. "You don't have to say anything, it's all in those pretty brown eyes," I said getting a blush back. Was I flirting?