The Beginning

She burst through the emergency doors and started running down the cold aisle of the hospital. The tiles and walls were white, but she wasn't focusing on them.
Once she got to his room she slowed down, but she was eager to get inside and see him. She opened the door and was shocked when she saw him. It was never this bad. The cancer was never this bad.
She sat next to his lifeless body and a tear fell down her already wet cheeks. His cheeks were sunken in so you could see the outline of his bones, his hair was gone and his skin was pale. She missed him. She missed his messy blonde hair, his beautiful brown skin and his booming laugh that seemed to fill every room they were in. But most of all, she missed his smile. The way his eyes would sparkle, and his perfect teeth would show. She missed him.
His breathing was slow and she was scared he would go at any moment.
"You can't. You can't leave me..." She whispered in his ear.
His parents weren't here, they were never here for him. His father ran away when he was two, and his mother is a stupid drug attic who wouldn't even lift a finger for him. She was the only family he had. She loved him, and he loved her. So why did this have to happen to him?
She had lost one too many people, and now him?
He was the nicest boy she had ever met. Would do anything for her, but now that it came to him, she couldn't do anything.
She knew he was going, so she realised it was time to say a final goodbye.
She crawled up into the bed next to him and put her arm around him.
"I love you so much..." She said. Wasn't sure is he could hear her, but she needed to say it. "And I don't want you to go, but I know the pain you have been going through. So I need to tell you, it's ok. It's ok to let go. You can let go. And I will see you again, I promise one day."

She lied with him for what seemed like hours, and then he finally took his last breath.
And she cried.
All she could do was cry.
He was gone.
And there was nothing she could do about it.