[1] "I Am Not Yours"

(A/N)
Hello, guys! So this is my second fanfic, and I've matured in my writing a lot since I've written, so I'm very excited about this story. I think that you guys will absolutely fall in love with Elise, I've enjoyed creating her.

I hope that you like this chapter as much as I liked writing it. Please vote and comment, I'm open to suggestions!

-Megan

-

-

-

    I watched impatiently for this unappealing Hot Pocket to "cook". I had to get back to the store. Jenna, the girl who usually covers the afternoon shift, called in sick at the last minute. Now, I have to close up shop on my own today. When my Hot Pocket was finally "done", I heard the bell over the front door, and I ran out as swiftly as I could.

    "Sorry about that! I was just heating up my lunch." But when I looked around, there was no one there. Hmm. Freaky. I decided to gaze through each aisle to see if someone was hiding. As I walked, my Vans squeaked. These are too old, I thought to myself as I looked down at my feet. No one was in any of the aisles, but there was a note sticking out of one of my most cherished pieces of literature, Romeo and Juliet. I furrowed my eyebrows as I reached for the folded piece of paper.

    It read, "Hi. My name's Elise, you know, like Fur Elise. What's your name? Leave your response where you found this note." My only reaction was to laugh. Who would do this? Well, someone was shy. I was curious, so I grabbed a pencil from the front desk and wrote back.

    "My name's Louis. You should talk to me at the counter next time. I'm more interesting to talk to in person. I then folded the note and stuck it in between the pages of some of my favorite words.

    Elise. What a beautiful name. It reminded me of her, the girl from another life, the girl that I don't turn into poetry anymore, the girl I don't speak of. She always wanted to name her daughter Elise, and it made me wonder if she ever had a daughter. Okay, time to stop thinking of her, Louis.

    I closed up the register shortly after I scribbled words on that note, and by then it was 10 o'clock. I hurriedly locked the door, and I could feel another presence, so I turned around. Sitting on the bench in front of the bookstore was a girl that I had never seen before. Surprisingly, her hair was the first thing that caught my attention. It wasn't straight or curly, it was somewhere in between. Her eyes shimmered close to a golden color in the street light above her. She wasn't trying too hard, but she already had me captured. She looked adorable in her UF hoodie and jeans. How is it possible for someone to look so good in a hoodie? I thought to myself.

    "Hi." I said, just loud enough for her to hear. She glanced up from her book of poetry, and I found myself trying to keep my attention on her, and not what she was reading.

    "Hello. Oh, sorry, am I in your way? I better get going." Gosh, even her voice was flawless. Snap out of it, Louis. You can't fall for someone again, or at least not right now. She shut her book and I watched as she tried to hurry off. Was I that unwelcoming?

    "Oh, no, you're good. I was just going to say, it's getting late. It's...err..." I looked down at my watch and it wasn't there. I'm such an idiot. I forgot my watch.

    "Oh, must have forgotten it. I forced myself to giggle, but she didn't give me a laugh in return.

    "It's only five past eleven. But I was just about to go back to my dorm." This was my chance. A beautiful girl, and nothing in my way but my head to talk me out of it.