On My Mind

I can't stop thinking about you, Ceridwen. 

     Why? Often I've found myself wondering that quite a lot. Why, out of all the people in Primoria, did you come to my palace? Why, with Raelyn to be my wife, did I fall in love with you? Why, with everyone so evidently against it, do we love each other? Why, when you could go back home to Summer and be a glamorous Summerian princess, are you here with me?

     While I ask myself these questions, I know you so well, that I know your answers. Because, it was meant to be. Because, we are meant to be. Because, this is right and no one can tell us otherwise. And finally, because I'd rather be here with you. 

     Oh, Ceri. You're there when I leave my room, you're there in my thoughts, you're even there in my dreams. I know I need to stop thinking like this. I need to protect you - Raelyn and others of the court may want to hurt you - but I just can't. Maybe you're right, and this really is meant to be.

     I'm not sure what it is, exactly. Is it your flaming hair that so accurately describes your personality? Your sly eyes behind those Ventrallan masks you aren't used to wearing? Could it be the attribute of your personality that makes me want to challenge who I am, that makes me want to become a better person for you? 

     I think I know what it is, Ceri. It's everything about you that I love. All of those things and everything else too. You're perfect to me, and the only thing that could make what we have better is being able to express it. 

     I promise you, Ceridwen, I will make this happen. If it's the only real thing I accomplish in my life, it will be all I ever wanted. Even with all the odds against us, my wife and your brother, each and every challenge, we will be together. I will do everything in my power and beyond so that we can be together, Ceri. It's the least that I owe you.