Chapter 1: Summer Break

I wake up, the sun shines in my eyes. I cover my face with my hand to block the warm rays of light hitting my face. Yawning as I slowly get up and stretch my arms from my soft bed. "It's finally summer break," I say to myself as I sit on the edge of my bed. My phone beeps as I put on my cozy slippers next to my bed. I lean over to grab my phone from the nightstand next to me. On it shows a message from my friend, Chanyeol. ">>Hey Baekhyun wat r u doing this summer?<<" with a happy face I reply, ">>Nothing, and u?<<" as I tap the send button a few seconds later Chanyeol instantly replies ">>Nothing as well<<" I switch to the group and quickly send a message, ">>Any of u want to go on a road trip this weekend?<<" The first person to reply is obviously Chanyeol, ">>Of course<<" Next is Xiumin, ">>Sure<<" these messages were followed by six more positive answers. I finally get off my bed and walk downstairs, the first stop is the kitchen. I hear my tummy rumble as I see a breakfast already set up. All of sudden someone races towards me, my eyes still half asleep I couldn't tell who is was. "I'm going out and will be coming home late so don't wait for me," a sweet voice say. There in front of me I see my mom grab her purse and starts walking toward the front of the house. Before she leaves she waves goodbye and closes the door behind her. The house goes silent.

*    *    *    *

In the middle of eating my phone buzzes breaking the silence, I jump up feeling startled. I look down to see a message sent from the group chat, ">>Let's go to Jeju!<<" my other friend with the contact name 'Kai' texts. A reply follows ">>Will u drive?<<" contact name Chen says. Kai instantly reply's, ">>NO!<<" I chuckle as I write down a message, ">>Then let's not <<" Kai replies with a sad face,">>😦<<" I send a message hoping for every ones approval, ">>How about we go to Incheon instead?<<" the first reply I get is from Suho, ">>That's probably a better idea<<" and everyone agree's. We finally made on a decision on where to go, Incheon.