The Nine Realm Paradox: Part 4

When the demon let go of Loki, they were in the Nether Region. Loki looked up and saw Vali rocking his brother. "He's your brother! How could you?!" Loki asked indignantly. Vali kissed the baby on the cheek and turned to Loki.

"Because he's a powerful being. A being that needs a strong hand to guide him. Mine. I'm sorry Father, but you have to die, then I will assume your power as Ragnarok!" Vali said. He gave the baby to Amora and then took his sword. The demon held Loki down, but he could not shut him up.

"Nari!" he shouted but Vali laughed.

"Oh, come on. Don't play the idiot; it doesn't suit you. You know my name," Vali said as he raised the sword over his head.

"That name doesn't belong to you!" Loki said. Vali was about starting to bring the sword down on Loki's back, but the blade was redirected and he stabbed the demon. The creature disintegrated and Vali gasped. Loki stood up and rubbed his throat where the knife had been pressed before. "Nari, come to me," he said and the infant was pulled from Amora's grasp and into Loki's arms. Loki whispered something to the boy and kissed him on the forehead. When he looked back up at Vali and Amora, his eyes were glowing green and he was grinning. "This is Nari, the Nine Realm Paradox! I am Loki! I am Ragnarok! By giving him a name, I have laid a claim to him that cannot be broken by anyone. Even if you were to kill me, Nari would be bonded to me. That bond would command him to kill you. Nari, Ragnarok commands you to strip the powers from Vali the Traitor and Amora the Enchantress!" That was when Vali and Amora fell to their knees, shaking in pain as Nari drained their abilities from them. When he was done, Loki looked down into Nari's green eyes and they were glowing as well. "Good boy," Loki told him.

"How is this possible?!" Vali asked.

"Really? I'm your father and you don't know yet? I always have a plan. Without your powers, you'll be trapped here. Enjoy eternity," Loki said as he opened a portal back to New York. Vali shouted at him, but it was blocked out as soon as Loki sealed the portal closed behind him. When he looked up and saw the city before him, the thought that entered his head was, Yep. It's good to be home. He kissed Nari gently and started back towards the tower.

The End